Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wednesday July 12th, 2006: Benefit Birthday Bash!

~surreal~

179505871_43c8866a64.jpg

Hello Party People! It's been a couple of years since I last logged into Clubplanet...how I've forgotten what a great online community this is for sharing special event info!

Please come celebrate my 29th birthday at Tangier Lounge to help raise money for the orphans of China!

What can I say, I've got it all - never a day without food, clean water, or Love. What more could a girl want? Unfortunately, there are too many children in the world who barely have access to these luxuries, much less what it takes to make it through another year, let alone another day. With that in mind, this year I wish to dedicate this event in honor of the orphans of China. It was difficult to decide on just one cause, as there are many dedicated to improving the general well-being of humanity, but in hopes to raise funds and supplies for these orphans I wish to show support to a wonderful non-profit organization called the China Care Foundation (www.chinacare.org).

Today it is estimated that there are over 15 million orphans in China. More than 50% of these children have special medical needs, and most are healthy young girls, abandoned due to China's One Child Policy. These children are literally neglected to death. Our donations can increase their chances to live a healthier life and to see their next birthday. Wouldn't that be great!

Let's celebrate life and hope! The goal is to raise $2,000 and emergency supplies. It costs just $500 to supply one orphanage with the basic neccesities for a month - but for $2,000 we can feed, clothe and help provide much needed medical supplies for four months! Please see the 'Needs List' at www.chinacare.org/currentneeds.html. The list is extensive and every item is just as valuable as money. Tangier will have a donation table for all the wonderful goods and cash donations. All donations are tax deductible (see me).

So spread the word, come with your great vibe, give what you can, and just enjoy yourselves! I'd like to assure you that ANY amount is greatly appreciated. Remember, no gift is ever too small. :)

This is a non-profit event. China Care is a non-profit organization so 100% of your donation will go to the orphanages in China and each child will directly benefit from your gift.

And, what's a party without great music! Slip on your dancing shoes, put on your sexiest party hat, and come enjoy a musical cocktail - a tasty concoction of tech-house, breaks, progressive, and psy-trance. Serving up only the most delicious ear candy in a super sexy setting that's loaded with a full bar while you show your support to help improve the living conditions of abandoned children in China. Drinks @ 10:00 pm & DJs @ 11:30 pm. While I believe people of all ages should have their fun, this is a 21 & over event.

Every effort put forth to make this wish a reality has been made possible with the generous help of Tangier Restaurant, DJs Matthias, Jason Robinson, and Jokton Strealy.

If you can't make it to the event but would still like to make a donation, please go to www.chinacare.org/youcanhelp.html. For more information about China Care, please contact Elizabeth Lautner at elautner@chinacare.org or 203.227.3655.

Hope to see everyone!