Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Israel's real enemy is Israel itself

From another board:

Another day, another slaughter. That's the latest news from the Middle East in a nutshell.

Over the weekend, Israel stepped up its attacks on Lebanon, killing who knows how many innocent people. Of course, the Zionists running Israel claim that they're battling terrorists and after George W. Bush popularized the infamous "pre-emptive strike", no one in the international community has the cajones to stand up tell Israel point-blank to back down. Besides, everyone knows that the US arrives loaded for bear at any and all UN gatherings and shoots down any ideas that Israel doesn't like; it's already happened over, and over, and over again.

But just who are these "evil terrorists" that Israel is pre-emptively attacking?

Click here

12 Lebanese killed in convoy attack

AP

Sat Jul 15, 2006

BEIRUT, Lebanon - At least 12 Lebanese villagers, including women and children, were killed Saturday in what appeared to be an Israeli airstrike on a convoy of vehicles fleeing a village near the border with Israel in southern Lebanon, a witness said.

The convoy was leaving the border village of Marwaheen, when it was attacked. An Associated Press photgrapher said he counted 12 bodies in two cars that were destroyed by the attack shortly after midday.

Several hours earlier, Israeli forces across the border told villagers by loudspeaker to leave the area or else the village would be destroyed. They did not give a reason for the ultimatum.

The convoy of several vehicles was hit near the border fence less than half a mile from the village.

The residents said they had first gone to a U.N. peacekeepers position manned by Ghanian forces to take refuge but they were turned down. There was no immediate confirmation from U.N. peacekeepers, who have a force in southern Lebanon.

And here's an AP photo of the aftermath of the convoy attack:

Click here

Note the dead adult lying to the left of the wreckage. Also note the dead child lying in the foreground. It seems Hizbollah starts them out young these days!

"But wait!" you cry, "Israel wouldn't have to retaliate if those Evil Terrorists weren't constantly attacking them!"

From the Reuters article Israel Kills 32 in Air Strikes:

http://www.gulf-news.com/region/Lebanon/10053310.html

The Israeli army said it had struck about 150 targets in Lebanon so far, fewer than a dozen of them linked directly to Hizbollah. Most have hit civilian installations.

Israel's leadership obviously isn't trying to shut down Hizbollah; they are trying to start a war.

And where are the Israeli people of conscience in all of this? Why, they're conveniently distracted by a sex scandal involving their president that has pushed news of the brewing Middle East war onto the back pages! There's another important aspect to the situation: Remember Hamas, that Evil Terrorist Organization that is so diabolical? You know, the one that has launched so many "suicide attacks" on Israel? In September 2004, Kurt Nimmo wrote:

Isn't it curious that right smack in the middle of an investigation of Israel spying on its best "friend," Hamas pulls off back-to-back suicide bombings - after a lull of nearly six months - in Beersheba? Hamas declares the bombing was revenge for Israel's assassination of Sheikh Ahmed Yassin and Abdel Aziz al-Rantissi. Rantissi was assassinated on April 17 and Yassin on March 22.

Is there a reason Hamas waited so long to take revenge? Of course there is. Hamas is essentially an Israeli contrivance. It's used for effect when politically expedient.

Israel "aided Hamas directly - the Israelis wanted to use it as a counterbalance to the PLO," Tony Cordesman, Middle East analyst for the Center for Strategic Studies, told the UPI's Richard Sale in 2002. Hamas is a descendant of the Muslim Brotherhood, an Islamic organization long ago penetrated by the CIA. "There is a long historic alliance between the CIA and the Muslim Brotherhood," writes Peter Goodgame. "The entire Bin Laden-CIA created 'mujahideen' network came from the Muslim Brotherhood." As we now know, Prince Turki of Saudi intelligence, in cahoots with William Casey of the CIA and Pakistan's ISI, sent bin Laden to Afghanistan and bankrolled the Services Center (Makhtab al-Khidmat) of the Jordanian Palestinian Abdullah Azzam, in the offices of the World Muslim League and Muslim Brotherhood in Peshawar (see Rashid, Taliban, p.131). After Azzam was assassinated, Makhtab al-Khidmat became al-Qaeda, although bin Laden did not call his organization such.

It should be obvious by now that the CIA and Mossad manufactured a virulent strain of Islamic terrorism for their own purposes.

They're called false flag operations; you know, like 9/11.

At this point, you certainly have the option of labeling me an anti-Semite in a vain effort to ignore everything above. But just for a minute, carefully consider the implications of doing so.

The term "anti-Semitism" is generally used to shut up and shut down anyone who criticises Israel. The latest edition of Merriam-Webster's Unabridged Collegiate Thesaurus apparently includes a definition of anti-Semitism that reads, "opposition to Zionism: sympathy with opponents of the state of Israel".

Huh?!

Let's think about this for a minute. I can criticise George W. Bush and the American government all I want. Now, George seems to be - or at least pretends to be - a fundamentalist Christian. But if I call Georgie's policies murderous and fascist, I won't be branded "anti-Christian". So why are so many people immediately shut down when allegations of anti-Semitism are flung their way?

Opposing Fascist Zionism is not the same as opposing Judaism, just as opposing the Neocon Administration isn't the same as opposing Christianity - or America itself. Much of the world knows that Bush is a lunatic, but they don't hate Americans or other Christians. How do I know this? Because instead of believing everything I read in the newspapers, I actually TALK to people from around the world and ask them questions! Many Jews are against the policies of Israel's Zionist leadership in the same way that many Americans are against Bush. Why is it that in the case of any other country, people can separate the warped ideology of a nation's leaders from the ideology of that nation's people? Why CAN'T they do the same thing with Israel?

The short and obvious explanation is fear. Zionism appears to have an iron grip on much of the world - or at least on the secrets of the world's leaders. How else could so many world leaders be so well-controlled? Politics in much of the world heavily involve self-promotion and backstabbing. If world leaders are afraid of berating Israel's leaders for their current war on the rest of the Middle East, then there is probably a very good reason WHY.

There is, however, a bigger problem with the whole "anti-Semitic" schtick. The danger is that any group of people will only take so much. They will only allow themselves to be walked all over until they reach a breaking point. (Remember the American and French Revolutions? The Magna Carta?) What happens when the charges of anti-Semitism become stale? What happens if the US alters course on its unquestioning support of Israel? Better yet, what happens if the US becomes incapable of supporting Israel due to war, natural disasters, or other internal problems? Imagine the anger and frustration that will be applied full force against Israel if their current war on the Middle East continues. And don't fool yourself into thinking that it will just be a simple regime change. If the people and leaders of this world cannot now make the distinction between a government and its people, why would that change if the tables are turned on Israel? Furthermore, "I didn't know" didn't excuse Germans after WWII ended, and it won't be an acceptable excuse for ordinary Israelis - or Americans - in the future. If you truly believe that you live in a democracy, then it is your duty to know - and work for peaceful change if necessary .

What is most shocking to me is that so few people have entertained this notion of a turning of the tables. Jews are arguably one of the most persecuted peoples in history. Since the same types of forces that have attempted to engineer their demise are still around today in one form or another, then surely the current conflict in the Middle East will not be good for either Muslims or Jews.

So you see, no one can logically call me or anyone else an anti-Semite for opposing the policies of Israel's Zionist leadership, because I don't want to see any Jews or any Muslims or anyone else suffer or die for the petty, greedy interests of a handful of psychopathic leaders.

Do you?

so... are you pro-hezballoh and iran?

No. I respect the countires of Israel and Lebanon but I'm Anti israeli government and anti hezbollah terrorist militia. I'm not taking up any sides on this. I am neutral. Both sides are at fault. I don't think innocent civilians both israeli and lebanese need to die senselessly. If only both sides stopped hurling missles at each other.

So you see, no one can logically call me or anyone else an anti-Semite for opposing the policies of Israel's Zionist leadership, because I don't want to see any Jews or any Muslims or anyone else suffer or die for the petty, greedy interests of a handful of psychopathic leaders.

Do you?

No. I respect the countires of Israel and Lebanon but I'm Anti israeli government and anti hezbollah terrorist militia. I'm not taking up any sides on this. I am neutral. Both sides are at fault. I don't think innocent civilians both israeli and lebanese need to die senselessly. If only both sides stopped hurling missles at each other.

Do you?

Going by your judgement, you may as well call the British Government, who supports the US in the Iraq campaign pro-Hezbolla and pro-Iran or anti-Semites while you're at it:

British attack Israeli tactics in Lebanon

BRIAN BRADY WESTMINSTER EDITOR

THE British government issued a fierce condemnation of Israel's bombing campaign in Lebanon last night as world leaders desperately sought a last-minute deal to avert a ground war.

As Israeli tanks massed on the border and troops made sporadic raids on Lebanese villages, Foreign Office minister Kim Howells

claimed Israel was not inflicting "surgical strikes" but waging war on "the entire Lebanese nation".

His outburst appeared to shift the British position, which has so far been to support Israel's action while cautioning restraint.

The furious round of international diplomacy, in the shadow of a return to full-scale war in the Middle East, came in advance of a visit to the region by American Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice today and an international "peace conference" in Italy on Wednesday.

But Howells, who was in Beirut overseeing the evacuation of thousands of Britons and who will travel to Israel today, gave a dramatic signal that many senior government figures are in despair over the failure to bring a halt to the fighting.

"I very much hope that the Americans understand what's happening to Lebanon," he said. "The destruction of the infrastructure, the death of so many children and so many people. These have not been surgical strikes.

"And it's very, very difficult, I think, to understand the kind of military tactics that have been used.

"You know, if they're chasing Hezbollah, then go for Hezbollah. You don't go for the entire Lebanese nation."

His comments underlined growing frustration at the failure to agree a lasting ceasefire to end the conflict - and hinted at a split between the Foreign Office and Tony Blair, who has taken a more emollient line towards Israel.

Downing Street furiously denied any difference of opinion last night, insisting that they were working closely with the Foreign Office to bring an end to the military exchanges and human suffering.

"You can take it from me, there is a lot of activity behind the scenes and across all departments," a Downing Street spokesman said last night. "We are working towards a diplomatic solution that will protect democracy in Lebanon."

Scotland on Sunday understands that American and British officials have been mounting a diplomatic offensive with Arab nations, including Syria. President George Bush also discussed the developing crisis with Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan.

Rice will step up the pace today when she meets Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert in Jerusalem. She will also discuss the situation with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas before travelling to Rome, where she will meet representatives of European and moderate Arab governments. The aim is to shore up the weak democratic government in Lebanon's capital, Beirut.

Bush yesterday reinforced his unwavering support for Israel, repeating the country's right to defend itself in the face of guerrilla attacks from Lebanon and Gaza.

"By its actions, Hezbollah has jeopardised Lebanon's tremendous advances and betrayed the Lebanese people," Bush said.

Rice said she did not expect US troops to form part of a potential peacekeeping contingent in southern Lebanon. "We are looking at what kind of international assistance force makes sense, but I do not think that it is anticipated that US ground forces are expected for that force," she said.

Israeli troops moved into southern Lebanon on the ground yesterday, taking control of a village and engaging Hezbollah militants by land, sea and air as part of the country's limited ground campaign.

The soldiers - backed by artillery and tank fire - moved into the large Lebanese village of Maroun al-Ras and took control, military officials said. The force included Israeli tanks, bulldozers and personnel carriers that knocked down a border fence and entered the area.

The equipment and about 25 soldiers raced past a UN outpost and headed into the village where other Israeli soldiers already had control. But gunfire could be heard from the village, and artillery based inside Israel also was firing on it.

Up to 2,000 Israeli troops entered the area yesterday, but some later returned.

Lebanese security sources said the Israeli military had made incursions of only a few hundred meters into the Maroun al-Ras and Yaroun villages.

Hezbollah meanwhile fired more than 100 rockets at towns across northern Israel yesterday, injuring more than a dozen people.

In Beirut, ships continued to arrive at the main port, part of a massive evacuation effort to pull out Americans and other foreigners. France, the United Nations and Red Cross demanded Israel open humanitarian corridors to allow shelter, food, water and medicine to reach an estimated half-million displace people.

Responding to a US request, Israeli Defence Minister Amir Peretz said French aid would be allowed into Lebanon's port of Sidon.

There was some hope on the Gaza strip, however, when militant groups agreed to stop firing missiles at Israel at midnight. The unilateral cease-fire is aimed at ending an Israeli offensive in the Gaza Strip that began on June 28 three days after militants raided an Israeli army post, killing two soldiers and capturing a third, 19-year-old Cpl Gilad Shalit.

• Yesterday, hundreds of marchers brought Argyle Street, in Glasgow, to a standstill by staging a sit-down protest against Israeli military action in Lebanon. Meanwhile, around 7,000 protested in London against the Israeli attacks.

Related topic

Middle East conflict

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=13

This article: http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1068482006

Going by your judgement, you may as well call the British Government, who supports the US in the Iraq campaign pro-Hezbolla and pro-Iran or anti-Semites too:

THE British government issued a fierce condemnation of Israel's bombing campaign in Lebanon last night as world leaders desperately sought a last-minute deal to avert a ground war.

As Israeli tanks massed on the border and troops made sporadic raids on Lebanese villages, Foreign Office minister Kim Howells

claimed Israel was not inflicting "surgical strikes" but waging war on "the entire Lebanese nation".

His outburst appeared to shift the British position, which has so far been to support Israel's action while cautioning restraint.

The furious round of international diplomacy, in the shadow of a return to full-scale war in the Middle East, came in advance of a visit to the region by American Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice today and an international "peace conference" in Italy on Wednesday.

But Howells, who was in Beirut overseeing the evacuation of thousands of Britons and who will travel to Israel today, gave a dramatic signal that many senior government figures are in despair over the failure to bring a halt to the fighting.

"I very much hope that the Americans understand what's happening to Lebanon," he said. "The destruction of the infrastructure, the death of so many children and so many people. These have not been surgical strikes.

"And it's very, very difficult, I think, to understand the kind of military tactics that have been used.

"You know, if they're chasing Hezbollah, then go for Hezbollah. You don't go for the entire Lebanese nation."

His comments underlined growing frustration at the failure to agree a lasting ceasefire to end the conflict - and hinted at a split between the Foreign Office and Tony Blair, who has taken a more emollient line towards Israel.

Downing Street furiously denied any difference of opinion last night, insisting that they were working closely with the Foreign Office to bring an end to the military exchanges and human suffering.

"You can take it from me, there is a lot of activity behind the scenes and across all departments," a Downing Street spokesman said last night. "We are working towards a diplomatic solution that will protect democracy in Lebanon."

Scotland on Sunday understands that American and British officials have been mounting a diplomatic offensive with Arab nations, including Syria. President George Bush also discussed the developing crisis with Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan.

Rice will step up the pace today when she meets Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert in Jerusalem. She will also discuss the situation with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas before travelling to Rome, where she will meet representatives of European and moderate Arab governments. The aim is to shore up the weak democratic government in Lebanon's capital, Beirut.

Bush yesterday reinforced his unwavering support for Israel, repeating the country's right to defend itself in the face of guerrilla attacks from Lebanon and Gaza.

"By its actions, Hezbollah has jeopardised Lebanon's tremendous advances and betrayed the Lebanese people," Bush said.

Rice said she did not expect US troops to form part of a potential peacekeeping contingent in southern Lebanon. "We are looking at what kind of international assistance force makes sense, but I do not think that it is anticipated that US ground forces are expected for that force," she said.

Israeli troops moved into southern Lebanon on the ground yesterday, taking control of a village and engaging Hezbollah militants by land, sea and air as part of the country's limited ground campaign.

The soldiers - backed by artillery and tank fire - moved into the large Lebanese village of Maroun al-Ras and took control, military officials said. The force included Israeli tanks, bulldozers and personnel carriers that knocked down a border fence and entered the area.

The equipment and about 25 soldiers raced past a UN outpost and headed into the village where other Israeli soldiers already had control. But gunfire could be heard from the village, and artillery based inside Israel also was firing on it.

Lebanese security sources said the Israeli military had made incursions of only a few hundred meters into the Maroun al-Ras and Yaroun villages.

Hezbollah meanwhile fired more than 100 rockets at towns across northern Israel yesterday, injuring more than a dozen people.

In Beirut, ships continued to arrive at the main port, part of a massive evacuation effort to pull out Americans and other foreigners. France, the United Nations and Red Cross demanded Israel open humanitarian corridors to allow shelter, food, water and medicine to reach an estimated half-million displace people.

Responding to a US request, Israeli Defence Minister Amir Peretz said French aid would be allowed into Lebanon's port of Sidon.

There was some hope on the Gaza strip, however, when militant groups agreed to stop firing missiles at Israel at midnight. The unilateral cease-fire is aimed at ending an Israeli offensive in the Gaza Strip that began on June 28 three days after militants raided an Israeli army post, killing two soldiers and capturing a third, 19-year-old Cpl Gilad Shalit.

• Yesterday, hundreds of marchers brought Argyle Street, in Glasgow, to a standstill by staging a sit-down protest against Israeli military action in Lebanon. Meanwhile, around 7,000 protested in London against the Israeli attacks.

Related topic

Middle East conflict

Do you?

Going by your judgement, you may as well call the British Government, who supports the US in the Iraq campaign pro-Hezbolla and pro-Iran or anti-Semites too:

Related topic

Middle East conflict

there is no simple solution, because some of these militias are based on the idea of "destruction of israel."

I hear ya. Good point. I agree.

But Israel is using the excuse of killing the terrorists to wage a war on the people of Lebanon and its government in attempt to draw them into a war with Israel. Killing the terrorists is one thing I agree with but leave the innocent people alone and don't draw the Lebanese government into it. But of course it's gonna wind up that way because sooner or later the Lebanese government will get drawn into it and all kinds of bullshit will break loose not only in Lebanon, but the entire m/e IMO. It's getting pretty fucked up out there and it's only getting worse.

Bush can keep going on and on with his "Israel has a right to defend itself" banter, and I agree they have the right to defend themselves, but like any other country having the right to defend itself like the US has the same right to do the same for its country, the Lebanese Government also has the right to defend their own country too.