Clubplanet Nightlife Community

gucci

Well I think that all the ladies need to got to London for clubbing. I have been back and forth for the last couple of months. They guys dress better than the ladies. Once I looked at the floor and atleast 12 guys had all the flavors of Gucco loafers for men. While the females looked like cheap stirppers. HOw can you look worst than a stripper?

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by janeredskin:

Well I think that all the ladies need to got to London for clubbing. I have been back and forth for the last couple of months. They guys dress better than the ladies. Once I looked at the floor and atleast 12 guys had all the flavors of Gucco loafers for men. While the females looked like cheap stirppers. HOw can you look worst than a stripper?

Strippers don't look all the bad, usually... smile.gif I've actually been out clubbing in europe as well, and some of the ladies there wear the same clothes out to clubs as dancers wear at strip clubs, they look great! While many of the euro guys just look like, well, euro guys...

word I have to agree the ladies do look like strippers most of the time. Yet I didn't want to come out and say it like that. I also feel that the majority of it is because that is how the american culture portays the party life like that.

what do you mean "the american culture portrays the party life like that" ? Implying the american culture promotes the ladies to look like strippers when they go out, or inhibits it and thereby causes it to arise?

Interesting topic, finally.....write back here or at madnadder@yahoo.com

It's true - our life is portrayed like that . . . like you have to be minimally dressed to be admitted to the hot spots, etc. There have been times where I've been going places with my friends, looked at the line and been like 'wow we all have waaaaay too muuch clothing on', when that's not true at all. it just seems like 'skantily clad' is the dress code anymore . . .

it's become so accepted that it's almost manadatory . . . because we've let it become that way.

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

I don't understand it. Women today let 35 year old white marketing executives tell us what to wear. I believe we don't have to be naked to look sexy. Didn't anyone get it after the entire Puero Rican parade epoisode? I still saw women dressed like strippers walking down the street. Ladies there are other ways to get attention,watch Jenny Jones! Do men really want to marry strippers? This fashion trend needs to end with street walkers. I thnk if you want to dress this way you need to be with your lover or in your car on your way to an event.

Cheers,

Hmm. Coming from a guy's perspective, No, we don't want to marry strippers...but most guys love the double-edged sword fantasy, going out partying with and seeing the stripper, and then marrying a nice sweet girl. I personally think it is so much more attractive when a girl doesn't show it all, the mystery and seduction element is the best. Especially if you go out to a place where many of the girls are dressed like tramps, the ones that actually dress with some style and don't go for the cheap, $2 look, are the ones that stand out in our minds (guys that is).

Check out a different scene then clubs, at the very trendy places you will find both ladies and gents dressed up to the hilt, primped up in their Gucci and D&G. No street walkers there..

But its definetly a factor of our society that is recent as well...only in the 90's realy has the notion of being sexy been defined as lacking in clothes completely...

Yeah I don't understand how this happend. Why so many young women want to be half naked and do drugs. when I didn't have a full time job I would watch all the talk shows and see the youngest little "women" curse their mothers out and say that they didn't care about their parents and want to be strippers when they grow up. what is going on these day's these kids have more sex than me and I'm 27 years old. All over the world it seems as if women dress like hookers to find a man and that clubing really is turning into a nightlifestyle. Back to london a lot of kids go clubbing with there parents. Take this lady pinky for example, this 45 year old women who frequents Samantha's not far from Picaddly. Wears pink all the time, with her bullet of Don P started dancing in front of my boyfriend while am inthe bathroom, well let me tell you I was pissed when i got near him. I am from New York and he lives in London. He Proceeds to tell me that she is a staple at this club and the fat girl next to her is her daughter, and I should sit down and be entertained by this women. she is the same age as my mom. I just want to know when men are going to take reposiblity for how women look at themselves, you always get storeis about wild teenage girls and how they are sluts. what I would like to know is were are all the men they are sleeping with? And would you want someone to treat your daughter,sister or mother this way think about this the next time you interact with women.

Originally posted by janeredskin:

Yeah I don't understand how this happend. Why so many young women want to be half naked and do drugs. when I didn't have a full time job I would watch all the talk shows and see the youngest little "women" curse their mothers out and say that they didn't care about their parents and want to be strippers when they grow up. what is going on these day's these kids have more sex than me and I'm 27 years old. All over the world it seems as if women dress like hookers to find a man and that clubing really is turning into a nightlifestyle. Back to london a lot of kids go clubbing with there parents. Take this lady pinky for example, this 45 year old women who frequents Samantha's not far from Picaddly. Wears pink all the time, with her bullet of Don P started dancing in front of my boyfriend while am inthe bathroom, well let me tell you I was pissed when i got near him. I am from New York and he lives in London. He Proceeds to tell me that she is a staple at this club and the fat girl next to her is her daughter, and I should sit down and be entertained by this women. she is the same age as my mom. I just want to know when men are going to take reposiblity for how women look at themselves, you always get storeis about wild teenage girls and how they are sluts. what I would like to know is were are all the men they are sleeping with? And would you want someone to treat your daughter,sister or mother this way think about this the next time you interact with women.

You bring up a great point by hte fact that clubbing has become a nightlifestyle...but it differnt on each side of the Atlantic. I think that in Europe its been a lifestyle for a while, and people have no problems there going out, dressing up (or down), doing whatever, living free and wild, and you'll even see the older crowds participating in the fun.

Here in the U.S its gone in some different direction. Here, clubbing has always been a "side" nightlife activity for the mainstream crowds, and they see clubs as housemusic-driven palaces of sex and drugs. In europe, its about hte exzperience, in the U.S its about the inputs, sex and drugs. Taht's why here there is such a focus on girls going almost half-naked, and why they lack the drug education that is free and posted

everywhere in europe.

If the US eventually evolves and becomes more liberal and open place like the euro environment, many of these social issues and themes will dissipate...they are just a function of the conservative US culture finally bursting at the seams from all the fun energy inside.

wow, that sounded philosophical.... smile.gif