Clubplanet Nightlife Community

H&M for Losers?

Is it just me, or is this whole H&M thing, like, totally over? The first week, maybe into week two, it was cool.

Now, it's too suburban mall. This may be an all time record in the annals of fashion history. Shortest trend ever.

------------------

Went last week for the first time -- mad crazy lines. I didn't see a whole lot of club clothes, most stuff was a bit bland, but the stuff is cheap.

I think they're great for picking up accessories -- got a couple of bracelets, belts, sunglasses, and cheap t-shirts.

Saw some other button-down shirts that I liked, but I didn't buy them because I was too afraid everyone else in NY would show up in the same shirts...

------------------

I actually just read about H&M in the Plain Dealer (Cleveland OH's daily) a month ago. While I certainly understand how quickly a New Yorker's taste can change, I myself might like the place because I'm out shopping and nightcrawling three days/nights a week. Here we have either bottom of the barrel (Wal-Mart, Target, Kohl's, Big K, etc) or over-the-top of the line (VERY expensive salons & fashion houses). Something like H&M might work here, especially with our City's main drag Euclid Avenue looking worse than 42nd Street in the `70s.

Then again, I'm just a commoner from the Heartland. What do I know?

------------------

Erick Adam "E-rock" Sanders

E-rock as I wrote to you once before. In NYC we look good and we're not afraid to pay big $$$ for Phat clothes.

Originally posted by Erock2000:

I actually just read about H&M in the Plain Dealer (Cleveland OH's daily) a month ago. While I certainly understand how quickly a New Yorker's taste can change, I myself might like the place because I'm out shopping and nightcrawling three days/nights a week. Here we have either bottom of the barrel (Wal-Mart, Target, Kohl's, Big K, etc) or over-the-top of the line (VERY expensive salons & fashion houses). Something like H&M might work here, especially with our City's main drag Euclid Avenue looking worse than 42nd Street in the `70s.

Then again, I'm just a commoner from the Heartland. What do I know?

------------------

• 1 month later...

y'all are crazy. H&M is an important step away from overpriced clothes. if it can make cute clothes for mad cheap, why not? yeah, the place is a mobscene, but they're opening another across the street from Macy's, so that'll probably make it less crowded. I think it's rad. you can get all the cheap trendy stuff you probably won't wear a year from now but don't have to pay out-the-ass for it. I mean, a few key, cheap, cute accessories can totally liven up an outfit, and all the better if it's dirt cheap. i wouldn't recommend going head-to-toe H&M, but then I wouldn't recommend going head-to-toe DIesel or Prada or any other brand. it's just tacky.

• 2 weeks later...

If you knew about the stor when it was exclusivly in Europe than you know what time it is. I think it's great nice clothes and a not to expensive price. And it makes top desighner to think and be orginal befor they all turn into Tommy Hilfiger.

Ms. Redskin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...