Clubplanet Nightlife Community

baseball trade deadline..what did ya get??

bxbomb

i know what Cashman got,

good job brian

stole C.Wilson for Chacon ,upgraded that 4/5th starter spot in innings eater Lidle and got a stud corner outfilelder that will take over for Sheff next yr and made the phillies pay him to drop the option for 08

now over to Flushing OMar you made so many great moves in the off season , you could basically print up the tickets for the W.S and all you do is get

oliver perez!! and now roberto hernandez taking over duaner sanchez spot

what a shame . you are built to win NOW

The redsox lol

Theo your not that good whats the matter your cell phone die?

holy shit what do you have crabs? ive never seen some one get rejected so many times

The dodgers get maddux just shows how pathetic the NL is especially the west that the dodgers can say there still in it and go get a 300 game winner

good job by dombrowski getting Casey , shelton should get check for roids after that april he had and then pfffft nothing

now over to Flushing OMar you made so many great moves in the off season , you could basically print up the tickets for the W.S and all you do is get

oliver perez!! and now roberto hernandez taking over duaner sanchez spot

what a shame . you are built to win NOW

what do you expect us to do? we lost our top rp.. we had to fill the gap and we had success with roberto.. not a bad trade at all.. i love nady and its sad to see him go.. but hes avg player at best and really didnt come thru in big situations like we needed him too..

perez has an awesome season 2 years ago.. theres a chance he can reclaim that glory..

we almost got oswalt though.. c'est la vie

what do you expect us to do? we lost our top rp.. we had to fill the gap and we had success with roberto.. not a bad trade at all.. i love nady and its sad to see him go.. but hes avg player at best and really didnt come thru in big situations like we needed him too..

perez has an awesome season 2 years ago.. theres a chance he can reclaim that glory..

we almost got oswalt though.. c'est la vie

your last statement is what im talking about

no shit he did what he had to do to replace sanchez

Im tyalkin abot going out and getting a zito or oswalt or maddux some one whoi would fit in anywhere in your top 3 starters

perez and ponson can try to reclaim that glory together

your last statement is what im talking about

no shit he did what he had to do to replace sanchez

Im tyalkin abot going out and getting a zito or oswalt or maddux some one whoi would fit in anywhere in your top 3 starters

perez and ponson can try to reclaim that glory together

yea but after what happened with sanchez, omar pretty much shifted his focus away from finding a starter

yea but after what happened with sanchez, omar pretty much shifted his focus away from finding a starter

please the beer guy at shea could have done the nady/hernandez trrade Hernandez has been on the block all season

And the mets need for that A-list starter to complete rotation that could get through the playoffs and have a shot at winnning it has been there all yr

please the beer guy at shea could have done the nady/hernandez trrade Hernandez has been on the block all season

And the mets need for that A-list starter to complete rotation that could get through the playoffs and have a shot at winnning it has been there all yr

he did the best he could.. its not like he wasnt attempting.. now i hear the orioles killed the oswalt deal.

our rookies will come up big for the remainder of the season.

im still not too worried..worry about your own pitching staff

he did the best he could.. its not like he wasnt attempting.. now i hear the orioles killed the oswalt deal.

our rookies will come up big for the remainder of the season.

im still not too worried..worry about your own pitching staff

peter angelos is the worst

you would take the mets starting rotation over the Yakees right now??

bxbomb....not saying this was the case as to why we didnt land a front line starter but what if lets say heilman needed to be included with milledge for it to happen. with the loss of sanchez he is much more valuable to us now. point is with the sudden injury who knew how that may or may not have effected any trade possibilities

and i'm over losing Nady. yeah he fit well batting 7th but he was nothing special. will be much easier to pick up an outfielder later on then it would be to grab a set up man

bxbomb....not saying this was the case as to why we didnt land a front line starter but what if lets say heilman needed to be included with milledge for it to happen. with the loss of sanchez he is much more valuable to us now. point is with the sudden injury who knew how that may or may not have effected any trade possibilities

and i'm over losing Nady. yeah he fit well batting 7th but he was nothing special. will be much easier to pick up an outfielder later on then it would be to grab a set up man

yes the injury posed problems an omar did what he had to do , but llike the yankees having injuries all year excuses cant be made.

A FRontline starter is what the mets needed period..

and mets had the chips to be used to get one

If i had to throw Heilman in the mix to get a Zito or oswalt scmidt maddux etc. knowing i just lost sanchez but picked up hernandez????

buhbye Aaron

You can always scour the waiver wire for a guy to get an out here and there whereas a solid starter gives you 7+ and you wouldnt have to worry so much about the pen

your thisclose to gettin to a WS but you now have to go intot he playoffs with a 36 y/o breaking down Pedro a 42y/o Glavine who hasnt won in a month a 36 y/o inconsistent trachsel and a 57 yr old El duque

hey man i am not disagreeing with you....you know how excited I got when the name Oswalt came up? I would have pulled the trigger also on any of those guys. At first I was against trading Milledge but after seeing how poor our pitching has been, I was more then willing to part ways with him. I am just saying we are not there during talks so who knows what happened.

hey man i am not disagreeing with you....you know how excited I got when the name Oswalt came up? I would have pulled the trigger also on any of those guys. At first I was against trading Milledge but after seeing how poor our pitching has been, I was more then willing to part ways with him. I am just saying we are not there during talks so who knows what happened.

i was there ,it didnt get done Omar said Gotmilk had faith in the starting rotation , so there was no need

• 1 month later...

Sorry, the Mets shouldn't be shocked that right-hander Pedro Martinez is out for the postseason. If anything, they should be grateful that the fragile Martinez is their only rotation casualty.

Left-hander Tom Glavine is 40. Right-hander Steve Trachsel is 35. Right-hander Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez is believed to be significantly older than his listed age of 36. And now he's the Mets' Game 1 starter. Think maybe now the Mets regret keeping outfield prospect Lastings Milledge when they could have traded him for left-hander Barry Zito before the July 31 non-waiver deadline?

Rest assured, A's general manager Billy Beane would have dealt Zito for Milledge and a pitcher of modest accomplishment. Milledge's stock has since fallen, and he never was more than a promising corner outfielder to begin with.

The Mets could definitely use an ace like A's hurler Barry Zito as they head to the postseason. (George Nikitin / Associated Press)

Zito, a potential free agent, might only have amounted to a two- or three-month rental. But the Mets would have had the resources to re-sign him — and his former pitching coach with the A's, Rick Peterson, as a selling point. As it stands, there's no Zito and no Pedro. The Mets are in trouble.

Even before the team announced Thursday that Martinez would not pitch in the postseason, one National League executive predicted that the team was a first-round knockout waiting to happen. If the executive was overstating the case, his forecast seems rather prescient in hindsight.

At this point, it will be an upset if the Mets win the NL title. Even with Martinez, their starting rotation featured too many soft tossers. Without him, it simply isn't good enough.

The Padres boast the league's best overall staff. The Astros, Phillies and maybe even the Dodgers all boast stronger rotations than the Mets. Of course, only one of those clubs might reach the postseason.

In theory, the Mets' potent offense could overcome their questionable rotation, but the offense has struggled in recent weeks. One scout who saw the Mets this week says their top hitters are vulnerable to "gas in" — fastballs inside. And, whether it's coincidence or not, left-handed starters have given the Mets fits since they traded outfielder Xavier Nady to the Pirates for pitchers Roberto Hernandez and Oliver Perez.

The whole thing is a shame. The Mets had produced a special season. Two weeks ago, they appeared to be a prohibitive favorite to reach the World Series. Now, suddenly, they're just another dubious NL club.