Clubplanet Nightlife Community

women, shoes for clubs

firegirl

dang board is flippy again and I can't post replies, so staring new...

in response to what kinds of shoes to wear clubbing:

it depends on how you club and what you like.

I like to really *dance*, so I'll wear heeled boots if I go to uptown clubs. this allows me to meet the dress code without killing my feet. I can still dance with some freedom. plus the music usually isn't as intense and the vibe is more on socializing than dancing so I don't need to tear it up. If I'm going to hear more latin/afro-cuban flavored music or even hip-hop, I can wear boots because the movements are lighter and more in the hips.

when I go to downtown clubs I wear stylish sneakers, especially if it's house or trance, or I'm going to a rave. that way I can tear it up to my heart's desire and be very comfortable.

there's nothing more frustrating that hearing good music and not being able to move because of your footwear choice.

hope that helps.

FG

------------------

fire in da belly

if i'm goin all-out clubkid and i know i'll pretty much be incapacitated b/c of my outfit, then i'll wear platforms.. never ever ever heels. i have trouble keeping my balance when dancing sober in flat shoes!!!

------------------

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[This message has been edited by smashlips (edited 10-21-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

tennies, tennies, tennies!! biggrin.gif I love my New Balances...all you need is the comfort and the colors you like.

I also REALLY like the tennies that look like they're made of some sort of foil-like material. So far I've seen pink, blue, and silver ones. Pretty sweet. They also look great if you want to dress up, but not deal with the heals and stuff. cwm30.gif

~Cat

------------------

We are here only if you believe, but believe only if you are certain.

I tend to stick with platforms, chunky strappy heels or those slim-fitting, knee-high, heeled black leather boots. Of course, if I'm feeling REALLY crazy I'll break out the 6-inch stilettos... but my honey better be willing to give me a very, very long foot massage the next day. smile.gif

------------------

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." ~JFK

panda_fly.gif

platforms kill after awhile and since i luv trance/techno i think i'm gonna start wearing tennies they're cute skecher sport is also kewl.......it's all about being comfortable.

------------------

"I'm like the lord of a fucken dance....i've got moves" harmonie_rose@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

When picking a pair of shoes to wear when clubbing i ushally always stick to a pair of phat skater shoes.There comfy and they are stylen with about anything wheather you are goin to a hip hop show are going to hear some house or trance. There comfy to dance in which is all that matters. I would rather be comfy dancing all night then totally uncomfortable.