Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Exit played out?

power

YES!!!! It's so played out. You can't even enjoy yourself because there is so many goddamn people there. By 1 if you just are sitting there, you'll be drenched in sweat. It will probably get better now that school is back. I was going there every Friday for a while... it's like you're guaranteed to see at least 5 people you know there.

yea its pretty beat imo, which really sucks b/c its far and away the best venue in the city. the crowd is terrible and the music is pretty mainstream, cept for late night friday when i thought draper was pretty good, but once again this is all my opinion. a ton of people still love the place so, i guess you should give it a shot for yourself, thats what i always tell people anyway, unless i know they like the same stuff as me.

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

• 2 weeks later...

The sad thing is, it had potential to be great (it reminds me of a mini version of an ibiza club), if they managed to get all the djs that Twilo didn't have a contract with (like Tall Paul, Seb Fontaine, and Judge Jules)... and they changed the crowd from slimy, shirtless, groping people to people who were there not just to pick up chicks but to enjoy great music.

no offense to anyone that enjoys going there. but i haven't been able to even walk to the ladies room without being grabbbed and groped. it's like open mating season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to Exit only once this August.The music was good,but I was really disgusted by the crowd (fucking annoying trashy teenybopper wannabe clubbers!),isn't there a decent club anywhere that doesn't have fucking annoying high schoolers from Jersey???Shit.That's only place I'm definately not going back to. cwm14.gifcwm3.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I think its all a matter of opinion...personally, i love the club....except during the summer when it was so packed and hot...about the music...it depends...sometimes it is very main stream...but sometimes you will be surprised....i love it because its huge...so there is room to move...ive been to limelight, sf, twilo, tunnel and roxy and out of all of them, besides 2 years ago when tunnel was amazing, i like exit the best...all the other clubs get too packed, especially factory, either that or the music isnt that good. and in my opinion, all clubs are meat markets!!!

I will agree with all of you when you say that it is hot and there's alot of people crowding the place, but I have to disagree with you all about the DJs. I don't think Draper or Boris are bad at all. If they were then people would not go or they wouldn't even be spinning there.

I like Exit because it's the biggest club in the city and has lots of rooms to hang out in. I especially like the new secret room, which has a really good DJ every Friday night from 12-4. It does get crowded at times, but what would a club be without a crowd? Boring.

IMO Exit is one of the better clubs, along side of Soundfactory.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, first of all for all the people complaining about Exit on firday nights, well what do you expect, it's kiddie night!!! if you want to go and have a good time first you have to go with people you know you will have fun with anywhere you go. also it help if you know people in the club, dj's, drag queens or managers. second you have to go on saterdays. you have to go find the new rooms also, the rooms in the back and up on the roof are ten times better because not a lot of people are there, if you hang out on the main dance floor and the second floor of course you are going to be pissed off by all of the people. but out of all of the clubs in the city i must say that exit is one of or even the best club out there. if you didn't have a good time the last time you went just give it one more chance before you write it off, the club might suprise you.

THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE! I WENT THERE ON A FRIDAY A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND IT WAS SO CHEESY. THERE ARE A BUNCH OF TEENY BOPPERS RUNNING AROUND WITH A BOTTLE OF WATER IN THEIR HAND AND THEIR SHIRTS OFF. OH AND WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH THESE RETARDED GLOW STICKS? I MEAN I SEE THESE IDIOTS DANCING AROUND WITH THESE THINGS AND ACTING LIKE IDIOTS. MEANWHILE THERE ARE 1000 GIRLS HALF NAKED WAITING TO GET BANGED. GO TO SOME REAL CLUBS. CHAOS,FLOAT,LOTUS,SPA,EUGENE,MERCER BAR,HUDSON BAR,SWAY,AMONG OTHERS. IN THESE PLACES YOULL FIND DRUGGED UP MODELS AND YOULL BE PARTYING IN A BEAUTIFUL PLACE.

Hi, I was wondering what age group maily goes here, also what age do you class 'teeny boppers' cos I am 26 and my bro 24 and in some places we are way too young. Let us know b4 we go here on cwm35.gif 23rd Dec 2000. Oh if you think it would be better somewhere else on this date let me know.

It seems that Exit is sounding a lot like two other bars here in Cleveland: Velvet Dog (http://www.velvetdogcleveland.com) and newly opened Funky Buddha (http://www.funkybuddhabar.com). I was at Funky Buddha last Saturday night at 9:30PM--early, or so I thought. 100 people were ALREADY THERE--and the word "cheese" is MUCH too generous. Let's just say I was the only one wearing anything close to what you New Yorkers wear.

By 10:15, the "music" starts--and this brand new $1 million twin-level Pacific Rim-inspired club is overloaded already with 500 people in a club built for 400. It took me 15 minutes to get my coat from coat check ($3), then another ten minutes to reach the exit--where I found over 200 more just waiting in line to get in!!!! So will I be back anytime soon?

Since I STILL haven't been to NYC yet but hope to do so in 2001, I hope Exit improves before my visit.

------------------

Erick Adam "E-rock" Sanders

It seems that Exit is sounding a lot like two other bars here in Cleveland: Velvet Dog (http://www.velvetdogcleveland.com) and newly opened Funky Buddha (http://www.funkybuddhabar.com). I was at Funky Buddha last Saturday night at 9:30PM--early, or so I thought. 100 people were ALREADY THERE--and the word "cheese" is MUCH too generous. Let's just say I was the only one wearing anything close to what you New Yorkers wear.

By 10:15, the "music" starts--and this brand new $1 million twin-level Pacific Rim-inspired club is overloaded already with 500 people in a club built for 400. It took me 15 minutes to get my coat from coat check ($3), then another ten minutes to reach the exit--where I found over 200 more just waiting in line to get in!

Since I STILL haven't been to NYC yet but hope to do so in 2001, I hope Exit improves before my visit.

------------------

Erick Adam "E-rock" Sanders

Absolutely! I went there one night after Saci and it was horrible (except the R & B room, if you want to chill). Stick with the tried and true: Chaos, Upstairs@Studio 54, Saci, Lotus, Float, Halo, etc. Figure out the good nights (pretty safe bets are Sun - Thurs) and get in the VIP. Pretty people, great music, lots of action. A great site to check out is http://www.hipguide.com

peace out folks...

Originally posted by greekstud:

THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE! I WENT THERE ON A FRIDAY A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND IT WAS SO CHEESY. THERE ARE A BUNCH OF TEENY BOPPERS RUNNING AROUND WITH A BOTTLE OF WATER IN THEIR HAND AND THEIR SHIRTS OFF. OH AND WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH THESE RETARDED GLOW STICKS? I MEAN I SEE THESE IDIOTS DANCING AROUND WITH THESE THINGS AND ACTING LIKE IDIOTS. MEANWHILE THERE ARE 1000 GIRLS HALF NAKED WAITING TO GET BANGED. GO TO SOME REAL CLUBS. CHAOS,FLOAT,LOTUS,SPA,EUGENE,MERCER BAR,HUDSON BAR,SWAY,AMONG OTHERS. IN THESE PLACES YOULL FIND DRUGGED UP MODELS AND YOULL BE PARTYING IN A BEAUTIFUL PLACE.

I think exit is the best club i've been 2. I go to school in miami and go to all the clubs down here, and i can't wait to cum home and go to exit. Its real clubbin unlike these fake miami clubs. Draper is awesome and he continues to rock the crowd with his music.

I'll tell you this: Exit has lost the beauty that it was associated with in the first 6 or so months of its existance. Now it's more mainstream, but I think it was going to happen to them eventually becase the club is just so big and lets everyone and their mother promote for it. It's a good idea to bring in the DJs that Twilo doesn't have signed though convincing Marvisi that he should mess with success will be a tough climb.

------------------

epyon.gif HIGHMAY WING h_md_clr.gifi_md_clr.gifg_md_clr.gifh_md_clr.gifm_md_clr.gifa_md_clr.gify_md_clr.gif

AOL:" TARGET=_blank>http://www.animfactory.com/animations/alphabets/christmas_lights/a_md_clr.gif y_md_clr.gif

AOL:</A> Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

hey everyone, let people go where they want to. havent you realized by now its not where you are, its who your with. if you guys would stop being so goddamn critical of every club and just relaxed and had a good time, youd be a lot happier. instead everyone has to play siskell and ebert every weekend. there just parties, have fun. all clubs are great parties. certain things make certain people happy. i personally like exit, i like the music and i like the crowds. does that mean im "mainstream", no that means that thats what i like. i like half naked girls, and i chill with the diesels with no shirts, i chill with the glowstick ravers, i chill with the crackheads, i chill with the asians, and i chill with the rich preppy's (oh wait, scratch that last one) granted i dont agree with the lifestyles many people amongst me there may choose, it doesnt matter to me when im high on whatever. just chill, have fun, and most importantly, trip.