Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Five Game Sweep

bxbomb

:laugh: i knew there'd be one of these threads in here today :laugh:

i believe 3 or 4 weeks ago we had a shitload of people on here writing the yanks off for the season......what now bitches? isn't it ironic that when the yanks are down and out our fans are always there to back them up, but now when the red sox get shitted on their fans go and hide? just proves we have the best fans in the world.........

i believe 3 or 4 weeks ago we had a shitload of people on here writing the yanks off for the season......what now bitches? isn't it ironic that when the yanks are down and out our fans are always there to back them up, but now when the red sox get shitted on their fans go and hide? just proves we have the best fans in the world.........
clubber the yanks only swept because i told you to stop bragging after the first game..if it wasnt for me you would have jinxed them

settle down clubber...you must not have been here after the yanks blew 4 in a row in the playoffs...was pretty quiet around here after that

settle down clubber...you must not have been here after the yanks blew 4 in a row in the playoffs...was pretty quiet around here after that

nope i didnt post in sports back in 2004, but if i did i would still be on the boards defending my team.....i dont see that series as an upset because the red sox were favored to win, and thats what they did, they were the better team plain and simple................a choke is when you are supposed to win but let an inferior team beat you.....thats not what happened in 2004..........the best team won that year.....for the first time 86 years....i hope they savored it cuz they are gonna have another long wait

nope i didnt post in sports back in 2004, but if i did i would still be on the boards defending my team.....i dont see that series as an upset because the red sox were favored to win, and thats what they did, they were the better team plain and simple................a choke is when you are supposed to win but let an inferior team beat you.....thats not what happened in 2004..........the best team won that year.....for the first time 86 years....i hope they savored it cuz they are gonna have another long wait

favored? the yankees won the division that year and were up 3-0. how in gods holy colon was that a favorite????

for fucks sake...yeah your team won a regular season 5 game series, be happy about it. but why on god's earth do you say such stupid shit?

uggghhh....this is why i think some yankees fans need a vasectomy

Glavine out for the year? Damn, that sucks. ....Pedro is breaking down going on and off the DL. Their best reliever out for the year because he wanted to go catch a bite at 2 am...Wright has hit a wall. Delgado hasn't been good all year. Floyd still on the DL?

Things are going well for the Mets. This is the team that is supposed to have an easy ride to the WS? At least they got Mota. He was pretty good back in 2004, I think.

oh and Beckett has looked absolutely terrible. He has lost nearly all control. WHIP is sarting to rise, ERA is like 5 and a half, and he can't get out of the 6th inning.

Also, is Boston starting to regret not resigning Damon? Considering the poor season Coco is having, coupled with the great season Damon is having, I would think so. Damon absolutely torched Boston this past weekend. Which was good enough for Player of the Week honors

Things are looking very good for the Yankees right now. Before the Abreu/Lidle trade I was worried they wouldn't even make the playoffs but it is a different team now. I can't even imagine how filthy this lineup will be when Matsui comes back. Pavano could be back soon as well. He had a very good start and I think he's gonna be making an AAA start and will throw about 100 pitches. We'll see. If he can come back healthy and replace Wright our rotation will be fine.

Of course, knowing Pavano, a bug could fly into his eye and he'd go blind or something

Abreu is a fuckin beast. I wanted all our pitchers to just him him on the first pitch and save themselves 30+ pitches each. The sox should of made that trade but they didn't so yeah we should start trading off people and look towards 07.

fuck me

Who can you trade though? Obviously you dont want to trade Ortiz, Papelbon, or Schilling. Also, it it wouldn't be smart to trade Lester, Hansen or or any other top prospects. Nobody is gonna want Manny. Timlin is worthless. I can't really think of anyone other than Lowell that has any value and would make sense for Boston to deal. Maybe Crisp? idk, his value has obv dropped alot.

You could defnintely trade Foulke because he definitely does not want to be there. But again, what would you get in return?

And Im not sure exactly how trades work after the deadline, but I'm pretty sure they're more complicated and harder to pull off.

get rid of Theo while they are at it too....way to not pull off any trades at the deadline a day after the Yankees get Abreu and Lidle

I'm so fucking glad they didn't get Oswalt. And I still can't believe how cheaply we got Abreu and Lidle. From what I hear there were at least 3 teams that had better packages on the table for Lidle alone. Nevermind both.

Melky Cabrera leads all AL outfielders in assists... Thats amazing considering how much he's played compared to other everyday starting outfielders... The kid has come a long way...

kids gotta gun, should have had another one Sat game but posada fucked it up (and whne there was talk of gettting soriano back for RF holy shit assist heaven!!!)Abreu arm strong as well , too bad my labrador retreiver has a stronger arm than Damon or bernie