Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The return of Jephté Guillaume @ INSPIRATION 9/22/06 10pm-5am

inspiration

It's our pleasure to announce that on Friday 9/22/06, Inspiration will be bringing back Jephté Guillaume to Los Angeles for a rare appearance!! Even with a current & hectic world touring schedule, Jephté will be setting aside one Friday just for us. This will be a night not to miss!

I N S P I R A T I O N

10pm-5am | 21 & Over | Early arrival suggested.

$10 before 11pm - $15 afterwards allnight

w/ Resident Jose Marquez

Special guest Friday September 22nd

Jephté Guillaume (Tetkale Records / Spiritual Life Music)

2hdb30g.jpg

Along with Quetzal Guerrero on percussion!

2ylwvad.jpg

I n s p i r a t i o n

@ La Trova House:

2032 Stoner Avenue

Los Angeles, CA 90025

www.inspiration-la.com

Jephte's solo career was launched in 1994, with the release of his first hit single "One Respe". His next hit single, "The Prayer (Priye- a)", found its way into DJ rotations around the world, emerging from New York clubs like Body and Soul, "Little" Louie Vega's Dance Ritual, The Shelter and Brooklyn's Bang the Party as an instant underground success. His work has already appeared on a host of compilations on labels such as Nuphonic, Island/Hannibal, React, JVC Japan, Wave (Body and Soul compilation Volume 1 & 2), Sony/Rhythmix France (Trip do Brasil I & II) , Avex, Polygram/Motor, Chrysalis France, Life Line Japan and Flower Japan. The many releases of Jephte are filled with substantial themes of struggle and liberation, but driven by the elements that make us dance: drums loaded tracks, and lots of live bass. Enticing keyboard melodies, seamless flute riffs, supernatural vocals, and the occasional flamenco-like guitar seem to emerge naturally from his festive rhythms. The result is a new sound - one that integrates a revolutionary Haitian spirit with an electronic groove for the technologically astute. Jephte has spent the last few years on the club circuit, making his mark on the deep house movement. Born in Haiti, but uprooted to Brooklyn with his family during the Duvalier regime, Jephte Guillaume is a unique addition to the trajectory of Haitian musicians such as Boukman Eksperyans, whose music transforms Vodun spirituality and African ancestry into something universally understood. Jephte Guillaume builds a bridge between American Soul, Jazz, and music traditions that come directly from the Haitian experience. "The Haitian drums are everywhere, just like the Spirits themselves," he says. It is these Spirits who pervade the Tet Kale sound. The infectious mixture of diverse elements in Jephte Guillaume's music comes as no surprise, when one looks at his eclectic career. He is known within the Haitian community as a former founding member of the renowned roots-rock band Rara Machine, which toured worldwide. While in the U.S., he has developed a committed international dance audience, releasing his own vibrant recordings as well as producing successful remixes for a diverse collection of artists, including Amel Larrieux , Clara Moreno, Pushim, Toni Braxton, WildMagnolias, Tokyo SkaParadise Orchestra,Calyn and Glen Scott. Jephte Guillaume, NYC based DJ/Producer, has garnered mass appeal from his dance-floor audiences. Bringing the same grace and precision to handling the decks, as he does in the recording studio, he is well-established for his rich sets where he mixes Soulful Dance and Spiritual House grooves with traditional Afro-Cuban, Afro-Haitian and Brazilian rhythms. Known as the creator of 'Vodou House' for some of his well-loved hits (such as: "The Prayer," "Ibo Le Le," "Lakou-a," "Al Di Yo," just to name a few hits from his double-CD "Voyage of Dreams") he is firmly established as an international DJ/Producer/Remixer. His music is listened to and danced to around the world. He continues to be presented on compilations (such as Body & Soul) worldwide as he has been for years. Jephte scored a subtantial portion of the soundtrack and is being featured on the film documentary Maestro...the most realistic and in-depth motion picture ever made on dance culture.