Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nicky Siano the man who taught larry levan, frankie knuckles, at cielo sun Oct 29

One of the founding fathers of the underground dance movement will be playing at CIELO on sun oct 29th. His 50th bday party a few months ago was a lot of fun, hearing old school dance classics mixed with some banging beats of today with people in there 20s and even 50's dancing around are always the best party. When i find a flyer online i will post it up, i should be in attendance.

• 4 weeks later...

NOW FEATURED AT JJAZPROJECT.COM:

"I never thought of myself as just playing records, but creating atmosphere." – Nicky Siano

DJ Nicky Siano defied convention in the early 1970s when at his club The Gallery he pioneered the art of mixing records by manipulating the pitch, using sound effect records to create a mind-bending sonic journey, working audiences into a frenzy and even shutting off the music so the crowd would sing the record back to the DJ.

Siano was one of the original DJs when Studio 54 opened, although it seems he was not quite ready for mainstream consumption- he was fired after eight months.

Siano has had immeasurable influence on DJs from Frankie Knuckles, Larry Levan and almost anyone who has taken a piece of vinyl and put it on a turntable. With a new party, "Galleria" launching this month in London (OCTOBER 20 AT THE KEY) and New York City (OCTOBER 29 @ CIELO), Siano took some time to reflect on his experiences from Dance music's development to it's current state, the differences and similarities in the social and political environments of the 1970s and today and why toady's dance music needs more entertainment and MORE DRAMA!

sianogallery2-319x212.jpgnicky-siano-the-gallery-200x200.jpg

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE ARTICLE

We also would like to apologize for the continuing technical difficulties our new site is experiencing. We ate working to get it up and running again ASAP.

THANKS FOR READING!!