Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Terell Owens writes a Children Book

bxbomb

not kidding

from foxsports

Here's a new label you can attach to Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens — author of children's books, according to the Dallas Morning News.

T.O., as the newspaper points out, made headlines last week for an accidental overdose.

And there is also speculation that Eagles' quarterback Donovan McNabb left his former teammate (and pal) a get-well cell phone message, which Owens has said he never received.

But now it appears that Owens is involved in something different and new — Little T Learns to Share — which a Dallas-based publishing company reportedly says will hit bookstores in mid-November.

And the Morning News says the book is nothing like the tell-all in the fashion of T.O., a book about the enigmatic wideout's life that was released this summer.

In Owens' latest work Little T first refuses to share his football, but later realizes that he can't enjoy it without his friends.

What is the book about?

A young boy who learns the value of sharing.

"I tried to play outside alone and throw it by myself, but football isn't football unless you play with someone else," Little T tells his mother in the book.

The Morning News says the book is the first in what is called Owens' Timeout Series. The second book, Little T Learns What Not to Say is due in spring 2007. The third, Little T Learns to Say I'm Sorry reportedly is due in fall 2007.

The other (book) topics apparently haven't been discussed.

"It's a life lesson for discipline," said Courtney Parker, the co-author who's known Owens since they were freshmen at Tennessee-Chattanooga. "It's ironic because he's considered one of the more undisciplined players in the NFL."

Owens reportedly talked with Parker about writing a book after the Eagles released him last year.

"We're watching television and the commentator said, 'T.O.'s behavior is so childish,'" Parker said. "And then (Owens) says, `That's not a bad idea for a book. It should be about discipline since the world thinks I have none.'"