Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cliff floyd now gone

bxbomb

not to piss in mets fans cheerios

but Cliff FLoyd now gone for the playoffs

from fox:

Veteran New York Mets' outfielder Cliff Floyd will miss the rest of his team's playoff run due to an Achilles tendon injury, according to a report in the New York Daily News.

Floyd, who has been on and off the disabled list with various leg injuries this season, was forced to leave the Mets' series-clinching victory over the Dodgers on Saturday after scoring from first base on a Shawn Green double in the third inning.

The Mets have listed Floyd as day-to-day with a strained left Achilles tendon. But the Daily News says he is doubtful to play in Game 1 of the National League Championship Series vs. the Cardinals on Wednesday night.

"I was thinking maybe I played my last game of the season," Floyd told the New York Daily News after the game.

"The good news is that I've got Monday and Tuesday to get treatment before we play again," Floyd said in his MLB.com blog. "And I've already started treatment with ice. I'll be wearing one of those boots again. I don't know, maybe it'll get better in two days. If it doesn't, I'll deal with it. Someone already suggested to me that I could be the DH if we get into the World Series."

The Mets have until 10 a.m. ET on Wednesday to set their NLCS roster.

where does it say that he is done? says he's treating it and may or may not be back....either way we should walk all over St. Louis. Obviously that doesn't mean much just like the Yanks should have destroyed the Tigers and well we all know what happened there...

Rolen is hurt, Carpenter won't pitch till game 3, their starting pitching is nothing special and neither is their offense. In no way should we even pitch to Pujuos...

I say Mets in 5

where does it say that he is done? says he's treating it and may or may not be back....either way we should walk all over St. Louis. Obviously that doesn't mean much just like the Yanks should have destroyed the Tigers and well we all know what happened there...

Rolen is hurt, Carpenter won't pitch till game 3, their starting pitching is nothing special and neither is their offense. In no way should we even pitch to Pujuos...

I say Mets in 5

NMN i know your still in a fog from the celebration ofyour teams victory

but if you read the very first sentence it sums it up

Veteran New York Mets' outfielder Cliff Floyd will miss the rest of his team's playoff run due to an Achilles tendon injury, according to a report in the New York Daily News.

my bad...i was paying attention to where he was talking about having a couple of days to rest up...either way having Floyd or not having him will not make or break us

for the most part i agree but a veteran bat always helps when you need to go deep on your bench

Hopefully Julio franco can become a hero:getdown: