Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Check This Out Chicago|| Farley 'Jackmaster' Funk

doinitdoinit

Doin It Doin It Productions, I Love House Music Wednesdays and Allay Soul present: one of the godfathers of house music.

His days as part of the Hot Mix saw a million listeners which helped put house music on the map and extended into Europe. He is one of my personal favorite djs and a major reason to why I Love House Music so much today, we are proud to present to you:

Farley Jack Master Funk

FARLEY.jpg

Hailing from Chicago, USA, Farley is widely acknowledged as the pioneer of House music. Farley started Djing at Chicago's Playground in 1981, where he held a residency until 1987. He was also one of the original members of the 'Hot Mix 5' DJ team and was responsible for the ground breaking mix shows on Chicago's WBMX radio station which reached over a million listeners.

Farley first shot into prominence in 1986 with the hit 'Love Can't Turn Around' on DJ International, which featured the awesome vocals of Darryl Pandy.

First made his name broadcasting on Chicago's WBMX-FM as a member of the Hot Mix 5 DJ team. Farley also appeared at the Warehouse club and then began a residency at the Playground. Known as Farley Keith or Farley Funkin' Keith until 1984. He then adopted the name Farley "Jackmaster" Funk and together with Jessie Saunders, created the first house single to reach the UK charts.

His anthem Love Can't Turn Around (cover of Isaac Hayes' I Can't Turn Around) made the Top Ten in mid-1986. By the late '80s, he had lost his DJ residency. His recorded output during the '90s was relatively small, preferring to concentrate on performing on the global DJ circuit.

Bio: courtsy of Discogs.

Last year, Farley was working constantly in Ibiza, the clubbing capital of the world. He has also played at Eden for Mixmag and at Es Paradis for Clockwork Orange. He also toured with Sundance around Europe throughout the summer.

Back in Britain, 2001 has been yet another fantastic year for Farley.

All of the above goes to prove that Farley can still boast the prestigious title of 'The Godfather of House.' (FULL info and flier to follow)

:clap2: