Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BORIS Reviews!

I got there around 12:45 and didn't get in until after 3 b/c the line was crazy...they were only letting in people with advance tix or people that were on the owner's list. I must say it was worth it though. First of all the line was super annoying but kind of funny...some guy got kicked off for peeing right by the entrance, and some guidette in front of me was commenting on how they changed the name of Crobar to "Believe"...it's people like that that make going out on holiday weekends annoying but what can you do.

As for an actual review the music from the time I got into the main room (around 4) to around 7 was a little monotonous. Some of the beats were really good but for me that hard tribal all starts to sound the same after awhile. Lately I think Boris has been mixing it up a lot more, but dark tribal beats are cool for Halloween. After 7 he really picked it up...I had to leave around 8:30 but he was tearing it up at that point.

The crowd: Pretty much what you would expect on a holiday...a bunch of randoms who don't even know who's spinning. A ton of skeevy guys obviously there to ogle the girls in slutty costumes. Thank god it did start to clear out pretty early and there was room to dance and see the people you usually see there. The vibe improved a lot after that, I wish i could have stayed later. A bouncer told me it was closing @ 9 but someone else told me 10:30..anyone make it til close? Arg where you at?

worst line to get in ever, 2 1/2 hours to get in, what was i thinking??? people pushing to get to the front, guys on line behind me grabbing my ass and my purse! :( at least i was waiting w friends.

when finally in there, music was good, boris played some older music that was crowd pleasing, dancers were good, crowd was rude. no more going to big clubs on holiday weekends. i must have been possessed that night!! ;) i remember that shit from years ago at exit, i guess i forgot lol. but on the real though i wasn't feeling well most of the night. the line wait totally killed my energy, as i was already sick and i shouldn't have been out in the first place!

some good costumes i saw waiting in line though, also in the club....for anyone that was in there, i was red riding hood and i fell asleep in the reed room after it shut down, haha!!! ;) so maybe u remember me lol.....bouncers were cool, didn't fuck w me either, let me sleep :) when i woke up i danced my ass off until 830 which was really 930 ;)

so is Boris one of the best & hottest parties in 2006 as some Crobar staff say;

or is it the most disgusting guido-fests with repetitive tribal beats ..??

i havent gone yet but there seem to only be 2 schools of thought... so i will check B. out in a few ... but whats the consensus so far,....??

so is Boris one of the best & hottest parties in 2006 as some Crobar staff say;

or is it the most disgusting guido-fests with repetitive tribal beats ..??

i havent gone yet but there seem to only be 2 schools of thought... so i will check B. out in a few ... but whats the consensus so far,....??

It definitely varies on the night. But the other night was great in terms of crowd and music. Best set maybe I've ever heard from him. Lots of dirty beats.

It definitely varies on the night. But the other night was great in terms of crowd and music. Best set maybe I've ever heard from him. Lots of dirty beats.

true, but in the past year I think the music has gotten much less repetitive. For the record there are usually a lot of guidos, but probably not as many as Morillo parties these days.

I got there around 12:45 and didn't get in until after 3 b/c the line was crazy...they were only letting in people with advance tix or people that were on the owner's list. I must say it was worth it though. First of all the line was super annoying but kind of funny...some guy got kicked off for peeing right by the entrance, and some guidette in front of me was commenting on how they changed the name of Crobar to "Believe"...it's people like that that make going out on holiday weekends annoying but what can you do.

As for an actual review the music from the time I got into the main room (around 4) to around 7 was a little monotonous. Some of the beats were really good but for me that hard tribal all starts to sound the same after awhile. Lately I think Boris has been mixing it up a lot more, but dark tribal beats are cool for Halloween. After 7 he really picked it up...I had to leave around 8:30 but he was tearing it up at that point.

The crowd: Pretty much what you would expect on a holiday...a bunch of randoms who don't even know who's spinning. A ton of skeevy guys obviously there to ogle the girls in slutty costumes. Thank god it did start to clear out pretty early and there was room to dance and see the people you usually see there. The vibe improved a lot after that, I wish i could have stayed later. A bouncer told me it was closing @ 9 but someone else told me 10:30..anyone make it til close? Arg where you at?

I totally feel for the guy who got kicked out for peeing. I ve done that very thing before right in front of the line for AVB. Worst thing is they started letting us in while I was midstream so I had to cut it short and then finnish inside the bathroom. Imagine how paunful that was. Sometimes after pregaming all those beers ur bladder cant take it nemore and u just gotta go, and I didnt wanna leave to pee cuz I was like the 10th person in line that streched out to the beginning of the block

I totally feel for the guy who got kicked out for peeing. I ve done that very thing before right in front of the line for AVB. Worst thing is they started letting us in while I was midstream so I had to cut it short and then finnish inside the bathroom. Imagine how paunful that was. Sometimes after pregaming all those beers ur bladder cant take it nemore and u just gotta go, and I didnt wanna leave to pee cuz I was like the 10th person in line that streched out to the beginning of the block

try being a girl! We have to wait in the huge-ass line, bust through the crowd of trannies in the bathroom reapplying their make-up for the 10 millionth time and and then wait in line again while girls snort coke in the bathroom stalls :mad:

his party was sick.....very crowded but after the crowd cleared out around 8 he played some old school tracks...def got better with more room to dance....closed it out and the only thing i would have wished for was the vocals to shakedown- at night which he dropped 3 songs b4 closing...boris consistently puts on a good set/show it seems his parties have the best crowds(hottest chicks) so he def one of the better nyc djs.....musically victor is the king of nyc rite now but as far as overall party i think borat "is king of the castle"....i think if we were to rewind time about 7 years boris would be where jp was in the late 90's....

try being a girl! We have to wait in the huge-ass line, bust through the crowd of trannies in the bathroom reapplying their make-up for the 10 millionth time and and then wait in line again while girls snort coke in the bathroom stalls :mad:

Pure torture!..I was on club line for about 40 minutes .I was probably around the 6th person on line..and was about to explode.. I had to leave..I could not hold it anymore. At that point, it was just painful. Thinking back, I probably shouldve told the bouncer..but whatever, I couldnt take it..

lmao i know, im not sure what came over me! right when i was about 2 leave to go to pacha or shelter the rope magically opened.

Damn that sucks, Makes me thank god i'm on the owners list. I know i would be pissed if i had to wait that long just to walk in. I could never understand why would they want to have people waiting sooooo freaking long on a line? I guess misery loves company. You know being that they have to be outside all night checking people in.

Oh well what you gonna do?