Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thank You Rutgers

phil-r

Let's see how many people are jumping on their bandwagon. Now it will be the winner of Michigan and Ohio St,and a team from the SEC playing for the National Championship. That just put an end to all this Loisiville and W.V. crap for the National Championship. Rutgers it will not happen you going to the National Championship.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great game....i watched the final three minutes at the gym of all places. when the kicker missed the first field goal, everyone erupted but theygot that second opportunity and sealed it

and i agree about giving rutgers a legit shot at the national title. after saturday's game they will be one of two undefeated teams in the nation but wont have a shot at being the national champions because they are rutgers and not a name like oklahoma

what happens if Rutgers loses its last game of the season at West Va. and there is a 3-way tie at the top of the Big East with Rutgers, West Va., and Lousville all at 6-1?

you cant do anything about your conference schedule, but the same thing i said for Lousville and West Va. you gotta do better than scheduling Howard, Ohio, Navy, Middle Tennessee, Temple, East Carolina, Eastern Washington, etc.

what happens if Rutgers loses its last game of the season at West Va. and there is a 3-way tie at the top of the Big East with Rutgers, West Va., and Lousville all at 6-1?

you cant do anything about your conference schedule, but the same thing i said for Lousville and West Va. you gotta do better than scheduling Howard, Ohio, Navy, Middle Tennessee, Temple, East Carolina, Eastern Washington, etc.

Louisville tried to schedule SEC teams but have been turned down...wonder why?

Louisville tried to schedule SEC teams but have been turned down...wonder why?

'cos SEC teams already beat up on each other and already scehdule out of conference opponents years in advanced. pick up the phone and start scheduling your games for 2011. don't slack and come up with pansy excuses - pony up and dial that phone, until then, nope, sorry the Big East, including my USF Bulls, won't get the cred they think they deserve.

If USC goes unbeaten the rest of the way, they will meet the OSU/UM winner for the National Title.. its just the way the BCS goes... even if Rutgers goes undefeated....

absoultely. you beat Notre Dame, ranked opponents such as Nebraska, Cal, Oregon, and running all over Arkansas on the road on the fisrt game of the season is looking mighty fine right now - especially since Arkansas might make the SEC title game.

btw Spragga, USC-Ohio St. already scheduled home and home games in 2008 and 2009 - tell the Lousville, West Va., the Rutgers to start scehduling their games now - dont expect to get on the phone a couple of months before the season starts and expect to schedule a Florida, USC for November. . . wait, its easier to pay Eastern Washington State so you can beat them up and pad your stats.

'cos SEC teams already beat up on each other and already scehdule out of conference opponents years in advanced. pick up the phone and start scheduling your games for 2011. don't slack and come up with pansy excuses - pony up and dial that phone, until then, nope, sorry the Big East, including my USF Bulls, won't get the cred they think they deserve.

My opinion is the SEC is very overrated. Big 10 is EXTREMELY overrated.

btw Spragga, USC-Ohio St. already scheduled home and home games in 2008 and 2009 - tell the Lousville, West Va., the Rutgers to start scehduling their games now - dont expect to get on the phone a couple of months before the season starts and expect to schedule a Florida, USC for November. . . wait, its easier to pay Eastern Washington State so you can beat them up and pad your stats.

:laugh: :laugh:

My opinion is the SEC is very overrated. Big 10 is EXTREMELY overrated.

SEC overrated? No way... FLorida, LSU, TEnnessee, Alabama... Georgia... come on, those are some good programs! SC in a few years.. arkansas...

hmm

BIG TEN has fallen a little, I'll give ya that (obviously with exception to UM/OSU).. MSU sucked this year.. Penn State isn't what it was in the 90's..

SEC aint overated.

6 SEC teams usually make it to bowl games per year an dthey win over half of them, how can you say the SEC is overated?

maybe their games dont end up like the Pac-10 with 44-41 shootouts, but look at the top 25 standings at the end of each year and see how many SEC teams are in there.

now, if you just simply dont like the SEC, well then, I ain't dissing your opinion.

SEC aint overated.

6 SEC teams usually make it to bowl games per year an dthey win over half of them, how can you say the SEC is overated?

maybe their games dont end up like the Pac-10 with 44-41 shootouts, but look at the top 25 standings at the end of each year and see how many SEC teams are in there.

now, if you just simply dont like the SEC, well then, I ain't dissing your opinion.

Of course the SEC gets at least 6 teams in every year...the conference has 8 bowl games guaranteed tied into their conference. $$$$

Only legit teams in that conference are Arkansas, LSU and Florida...barely

And when you talk about scheduling - take a peek at the SEC teams schedule and see how many patsies they have...UCF and Western Carolina ring a bell?

Oh and Urban Meyer needs to shut the hell up already about the Big East. He needed THREE blocked kicks to win against a crap SC team...they should be long gone by now

Chris Leak = :laugh:

SEC overrated? No way... FLorida, LSU, TEnnessee, Alabama... Georgia... come on, those are some good programs! SC in a few years.. arkansas...

hmm

BIG TEN has fallen a little, I'll give ya that (obviously with exception to UM/OSU).. MSU sucked this year.. Penn State isn't what it was in the 90's..

Florida LSU and the Backs are all they have...the rest are pretty much a joke

How many ranked teams has the Big East beaten this year in non conference

play. It was 1, when Miami was ranked 17th. All the oter teams were average or below average teams. That 32-8 looks great doesn't it. The SEC has 1 win against ranked, the Vols beat Cal when they were ranked 8. and the Big Ten has 2, Ohio St. beat Texas when they were ranked 2,and then Michigan beat N.D. when they were ranked 2.

How many ranked teams has the Big East beaten this year in non conference

play. It was 1, when Miami was ranked 17th. All the oter teams were average or below average teams. That 32-8 looks great doesn't it. The SEC has 1 win against ranked, the Vols beat Cal when they were ranked 8. and the Big Ten has 2, Ohio St. beat Texas when they were ranked 2,and then Michigan beat N.D. when they were ranked 2.

So the Big East has the same amount of non conference wins as the SEC...thanks for proving my point :)

except that 5-6 SEC teams are usually ranked in the top 25 at any point in time. add those to the equation and you'll see how many top 25 opponents the SEC teams play on a yearly basis.

of course Spragga will continue to say that it is due to the good ole boys network blah, blah, blah . . .when the Big East was one of the conferences that worked to set up the BCS.

lets see at the end of the year and we can see how many top 25 teams, each team from the SEC and Big East played against.

like I said, what is the incentive for SEC teams to schedule 4 tough opponents out of conference when you already have to play 4-6 tough opponents in your same conference year in and year out?

its the same in reverse for the Big East in basketball, the quality in the leagues is so high that many teams do not tend to schedule the Dukes, N. Carolina's, the Arizona's, UCLA's, etc. more than once or twice a year.

lets see, up to this point:

FL has played against 3 opponents who were ranked the day they met.

TN played against 5.

AL played against 3.

AK played against 3.

AU played against 2.

GA played against

LSU played against 3.

SC played against 5.

and of course many of these played against AK who was not ranked at the time and is now ranked 5th.

and you can add 1 or 2 to each of those teams numbers 'cos alot of them still have to play one another, and two of them will have to play in the SEC title game.

not only did Tennessee smoke Cal, but LSU smoked Arizona who just beat Cal.

Rutgers has played 1 ranked opponent (lousville).

West Va. has played 1 ranked opponent (lousville).

Lousville has played 3 ranked opponents (west va and rutgers).

Syracuse 3 (lousville and west va.)

USF 1 (Rutgers)

for gods sake, fucking Cincinatti has done a better job at scheduling quality opponents than West Va. and Lousville. they actually get Ohio State every year and they played Va. Tech. c'mon, if Cinci can schedule those games, don't tell me Lousville nor West Va. can't?

rutgers and west va. will play one another, and then they will probably have to play ranked teams in their bowl games - thats it.

except that 5-6 SEC teams are usually ranked in the top 25 at any point in time. add those to the equation and you'll see how many top 25 opponents the SEC teams play on a yearly basis.

of course Spragga will continue to say that it is due to the good ole boys network blah, blah, blah . . .when the Big East was one of the conferences that worked to set up the BCS.

lets see at the end of the year and we can see how many top 25 teams, each team from the SEC and Big East played against.

like I said, what is the incentive for SEC teams to schedule 4 tough opponents out of conference when you already have to play 4-6 tough opponents in your same conference year in and year out?

its the same in reverse for the Big East in basketball, the quality in the leagues is so high that many teams do not tend to schedule the Dukes, N. Carolina's, the Arizona's, UCLA's, etc. more than once or twice a year.

You can't compare college hoops to football because SOS in basketball is important for tournament seeding (or actually getting in), which is why Duke, UNC and other power teams are scheduling better teams for their non-conference seasons. Basketball has it right - they know scheduling tougher teams will prepare them for the tourney, while teams like Cincy and Pitt get throttled year after year...Pitt's finally improving their schedule this year to fix this. They take a few losses early (or even in conference), but it doesn't matter since they'll still be able to get into the tourney, where anything can happen and you could see a team like George Mason in the final four.

College football can't really do this because they can't afford a loss the entire year...period. Makes it virtually impossible to take the chance at scheduling top teams year in and year out outside of conference. What do you want Rutgers to do - pay Georgia $15 million just to play a game??

I keep referring to the ole boy network because they don't want a playoff system...$$$$$ from the bowls, and until they do the right thing and scrap the shit BCS, we will all continue to bitch about who's #1 or 2 or 5 every damn year.