Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thank You Rutgers

phil-r

LSU is home to Va. Tech next year; they got an open date in 2008 tho - go tell Lousville or Rutgers to ring 'em up. 2 open dates in 2010.

Alabama plays Florida State next year in Jacksonville.

ok, but Lousville nad West Va. would rather play Wofford and Eastern Kentucky Community College and expect to be taken seriously - w00t!

:laugh:

why do you keep posting the same stuff about who they play? I can counter that easily if you want me to...but what's the point?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter what Conference you play in - each conference has weak teams or weak games scheduled at some point during the season... Miami played East Carolina University a few years ago (44-7 blowout by the Canes).. it was like watching a high school team play...

Each division has its powerhouses however there's been some changes as of late.. and its refreshing to see a team such as Rutgers emerge in the top 10 of the polls...

why do you keep posting the same stuff about who they play? I can counter that easily if you want me to...but what's the point?

actuually now that you mention it, i want you to counter it - because you'll realize that they play nobody and that when they actually DO play somebody, they lose.

wolford, temple, middle tennessee, eastern washington, ohio u., howard :laugh:

actuually now that you mention it, i want you to counter it - because you'll realize that they play nobody and that when they actually DO play somebody, they lose.

wolford, temple, middle tennessee, eastern washington, ohio u., howard :laugh:

Okay here goes...these are partial 2007 schedules for some of the SEC teams u mentioned:

Georgia - Western Carolina, Troy

Tennessee - N. Illinois, UCF, Southern Miss

LSU - Appalachian State, Tulane, Middle Tennessee

Alabama - Western Carolina, Louisana-Monroe, Houston

Florida - Troy, UCF, Florida Atlantic

For the big east, looks like they took your advice:

Rutgers - starting in 2010 going through 2016...home and home with Notre Dame

Louisville - Home and home with Georgia starting in 2011

West Virginia - Home and home with Auburn starting in 2008

and who else do those SEC teams play in their schedule? other SEC teams which in all probability half or more of them will be ranked.

point is, top Big East teams need to go out of the Big East to face quality opponents, 'cos aside from Lousville and West Virginia, everyone else in that conference is way behind them (i'll have to see 2-3 good consistent seasons by Rutgers before I lump them up with Lousville and West Va.).

a lot of programs in the Big East have big upside to them. Rutgers has a good coach and if they can keep local talent in the area they should be good. USF is in Tampa, a football town, they have new facilities and they are not doing bad for a program that just started 10 years ago. Pitt should hopefully be back on track in a year or two - but right now, they are not up there with the SEC when it comes to depth in the teams, and overall talent. Doesn't mean it wont change, we can see how big programs like Penn State, Florida State, Miami have struggled the last few years.

Thank you again for geting smoked by Cinci. That just put an end to all this Big East BullShit. If USC wins out they will be playing OSU. For some reason the BCS computer loves USC. But who knows it could be the winner of Ark. and Florida playin OSU for the championship.

Thank you again for geting smoked by Cinci. That just put an end to all this Big East BullShit. If USC wins out they will be playing OSU. For some reason the BCS computer loves USC. But who knows it could be the winner of Ark. and Florida playin OSU for the championship.

If USC wins out.. we'll see... because you can't knock the SEC and Arkansas and Florida look good...

lol. Cinci? Spragga? Cinci? c'mon! i thought rutgers was a powerhouse.

anyway, what a great game between michigan and ohio state. i wanna rematch, but my gut feeling is that its going to be either usc (if they beat notre dame) or florida (if usc loses to ND and fl wins out).

michigan destroyed ND in south bend (pointing to the fact that style wins still matter in the BCS) earlier this year, and that why ND in all probability wont be in the title game.

i cant wait for the USC-ND game. i dont like either team, but it should be another good game like last years.

btw, again, just to point out, Cinci might only be 6-5 this year, but mad respect for them, this is their 5th game this year against ranked opponents. lousville or west va. go unbeaten with the teams on Cinci's schedule and their is no discussion about the validity of those teams as national title contenders.

I missed most of the rutgers game and the usc game since i had to get up early for the nascar race.. but that michigan / OSU game was siick. what a great game....

I won't watch if there's a rematch...Michigan already had their chance and blew it. Let someone else take a shot.

I won't watch if there's a rematch...Michigan already had their chance and blew it. Let someone else take a shot.

I'm just saying i wouldn't MIND another re-match. There are other teams with 1 loss that are saying they deserve a shot.. but we'll see how the BCS calculates their strength of schedule.

Honestly, I HIGHLY doubt Michigan will be playing OSU again this year. If USC wins out, it will be USC i'm sure... all though i think any of the SEC teams that finish with 1-loss should also be considered. I'd have to look at their schedule and form my opinion at that time... but i'm not going to bother doing that until i see if USC wins out.. cuz if they do, i'm sure they'll be playing for the title..

my South Florida Bulls beat up on West Va. in Morgantown today, 24-19. dunno dood, USF aint going to any BCS Bowl, West Va. can't lose these games and expect the pollsters and computers to respect them when coming up with the standings.

go Bulls! w00t!