Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2 New SBS Custom sound systems

• 1 month later...

Lotusoundbar:

http://www.dtourism.com/

Another Recent quote Taken from Dtourism Thread, Stellar sound system PAST & PRESENT!

AUSOME thread haha. Some good systems have been mentioned, butt the #1 of the moment goes to Lotus Soundbar in Honolulu. Designed by Shorty with all the handmade Thrive Audio amps and the EQ isolator in the DJ booth. You don't even need a monitor you can feel the room that well.

You nerds should peep Lotus ASAP. And DJ's, it was by far the most enjoyable experience I had performing. Not having a monitor took some getting used to, butt with the wall of Thrive Audio amps to the right, it was entrancing just looking over there at the curved array of LEDs to keep the levels right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Re_:Born

1015 has a nice system....

but really....there was a abandoned warehouse in San Fran around 1994 that had a soundsystem installed per event that would break your face. It was in a space/area a little bigger than Crobar. Doc made it sound ridiculous!

In San Fran:

- 1015's main room is good when properly tuned. I don't care for the remodeled downstairs at all (very tinny) and upstairs is complete garbage. The front room has potential butt really needs a lot of bodies to sound OK.

- Ruby Skye is delicious when tuned well butt tends to have piercing treble.

- Temple is crazy good in all 3 rooms with Martin Audio custom installed butt the DJ booths aren't too comfortable so on average DJ's can't make the systems sound super great.

- Mighty has the old Richard Long Soundsystem and has been sounding rather decent lately.

Personally, I don't think SF has any mind blowing systems at the moment. My favorite has to be Anu. Hard to beat for warmth and clarity because by random luck the room has great dynamics for sound! Especially when the Xone 92 mixer is in there.

http://deephousepage.com/cgi-bin/ult...;f=33;t=022451

Vman

Member # 388

posted December 01, 2006 02:17 PM

I visited the Lotus a few weeks ago and got to listen to the Shorty's work and let me tell you it is tight!!! I met the wonderful folks of the establishment.....Paul and the crew big shouts from San Francisco!!!

Now back to the system, I got to hear the system at a low level and it is very crisp, clear and tight! It reminded me of a bedroom with klipsh la scala's, old school cerwin vega v1000 earthquakes.....crisp highs, clear midrange, bass that goes through your body and spaciousness (close your eyes in the middle of the floor and you can 'see' where the performers are at in the recording).....now bring that sound quality along with lots of custom gear to a club scale dayyymmm! The leds on the amps blipped on the first dot only and I can imagine what the system would sound like! I cant wait to visit Honolulu again and listen to the system at full stretch....wine, women, and a whole lot of songs!!

Wonderful work Shorty!! Good wishes to your vision Paul!

V

www.systemsbyshorty.com

www.myspace.com/soundmanshorty