Clubplanet Nightlife Community

delahoya vs mayweather

bxbomb

oscar you dont need a frikkin dime , you will be beaten like a pinata

Floyd can carry the few extrra lbs

so oscar wants another payday

Floyd is gonna put on a few lbs and finally end this guys career

just go out quielty Oscar , your not hurting for the $$ like alot of these guys who dont know when to quit for that last payday

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather Jr. will meet in a highly anticipated fight in May that could be one of boxing's richest bouts.

Mayweather will move up in weight for the fight, which will be for De La Hoya's 154-pound title and will be held next May 5 either in Las Vegas or Los Angeles.

De La Hoya previously said the fight would be the last in a pro career that began after he was the only U.S. boxer to win a gold medal in the 1992 Olympics. He's the biggest box office draw in boxing, though he has fought only sporadically in recent years.

Mayweather is generally regarded as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the sport, and is coming off a near shutout win over Carlos Baldomir on Nov. 4 for the 147-pound title. Though Mayweather dominated the bout, he was criticized for not trying to knock Baldomir out.

Following that fight, De La Hoya gave Mayweather a week to come to terms if he wanted to fight him. Terms of the agreement weren't disclosed.

Richard Schaefer, the CEO of De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, said the fight has the potential to set records for pay-per-view sales. The previous record was set when 1.99 million customers bought the second Evander Holyfield-Mike Tyson heavyweight title fight in 1997.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oscar you dont need a frikkin dime , you will be beaten like a pinata

Floyd can carry the few extrra lbs

so oscar wants another payday

Floyd is gonna put on a few lbs and finally end this guys career

just go out quielty Oscar , your not hurting for the $$ like alot of these guys who dont know when to quit for that last payday

end this guys career? lmao

yep

floyd brittle hands over hyped roy jonesish mayweather will never end ANYONEs career

floyd will prolly win yeah... but itll be a typical PBF duck and run

atleast roy jones was exciting to watch

mayweather couldnt even KNOCK DOWN gatti (a legit knowckdown, not that cheapshot he took in the 1st)... let alone knock him out like oscar did in 4 rounds

yep

floyd brittle hands over hyped roy jonesish mayweather will never end ANYONEs career

floyd will prolly win yeah... but itll be a typical PBF duck and run

atleast roy jones was exciting to watch

mayweather couldnt even KNOCK DOWN gatti (a legit knowckdown, not that cheapshot he took in the 1st)... let alone knock him out like oscar did in 4 rounds

it was the 5th actually

why would oscar hang them up after a loss to mayweather? he didnt after his loss to tito or mosley twice or hopkins

he just said in an interview with a maxboxing writer last week that hes not retiring after this fight win or lose

why would a loss to a fighter considered to be the best in the world end ANYONES career?

what the hell are you talking about

why would oscar hang them up after a loss to mayweather? he didnt after his loss to tito or mosley twice or hopkins

he just said in an interview with a maxboxing writer last week that hes not retiring after this fight win or lose

why would a loss to a fighter considered to be the best in the world end ANYONES career?

what the hell are you talking about

so fucking what , its not like OScar is 24 yrs old has something to prove and needs money

oscar has been at the "End " for a while now , he has other things going on

singing , promoting etc.

if he gets thoroughly out boxed and loses lets say 10 of 12 rds badly

he might hang em up ,which is what is said in the first post that Floyd could finally end this career

and no fighter has ever changed his mind about a career decison especially with 7-8 months passing and probably a 12 rd clinical beating ?

youweresaying?

I dont know how to respond to that because I dont understand all of your post...

as far as the end of his career comment goes, please explain that one: his last PPV sold over 900,000 buys and it was a pretty impressive win

my whole comment and point of thread besides just announcing that the fight was made is that

A) i think floyd will be able to carry the extra weight and beat DLH

and that

B) hopefully it ends DLH career as in DLH says i got other things going on Im done , I just got thoroughly outboxed by a smaller guy and im no longer a young hungry fighter

and this ppv will break all records im sure , has nothing to do with what im sayin

No I meant I dont understand those run-on sentences, I get your points.

DLH is far from the end of his career. Hes never taken a beating in any of his fights, if he stays in good shape then he could go on on fighting well into his late 30's. Look at B-hop hes still competetive at 40 years old.

Even if he does lose every round of this fight it wont be the end of his career. Mayweather is the best in the world right? So why would anyone think anything less of DLH if he loses a fight to the best fighter in the world? I wouldnt. Did anyone think anything less of him after he lost to Hopkins who was considered the best fighter in the world at the time?

No I meant I dont understand those run-on sentences, I get your points.

DLH is far from the end of his career. Hes never taken a beating in any of his fights, if he stays in good shape then he could go on on fighting well into his late 30's. Look at B-hop hes still competetive at 40 years old.

Even if he does lose every round of this fight it wont be the end of his career. Mayweather is the best in the world right? So why would anyone think anything less of DLH if he loses a fight to the best fighter in the world? I wouldnt. Did anyone think anything less of him after he lost to Hopkins who was considered the best fighter in the world at the time?

if you got my points like you said you wouldnt ask these questions again

• 5 months later...

Oscar De La Hoya gets non ejaculatory Sex, chases Chickens and swims naked with Men for Floyd Mayweather Jr

arrow.gif By Doghouse Boxing (April 20, 2007) Doghouse Boxing

Resize_Oscar16.jpgThe title may sound strange, but it's all in a the day of a Professional training camp for Oscar De La Hoya. In a recent article by Zeferino Jackson for blacksportsonline, Jackson writes about his recent time he spent visiting at Oscar De La Hoya's camp at Wilfredo Benitez Gym located in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. Jackson tagged along De La Hoya's camp for eight days to see first hand what kind of training De La Hoya is doing in preparation for his May 5th battle against Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Jackson learned first hand what kind of intense training regimen unlike most that Oscar De La Hoya was utilizing. Some of the interesting things Jackson came across was that De La Hoya chases chickens in training and also during his training, De La Hoya enjoys non-ejaculatory sex with wife, Millie Corretjer and spends his nights in a special pool with other sparring partners and trainers in the nude.

In an excerpt from Jackson's article, he discusses what De La Hoya does from the early hours to mid afternoons in training camp.

Jackson writes: 7:00 to 8:30 am - Calisthetics (push ups, sit ups, etc.) Chases chickens for a half hour. 9:00 am - Breakfast (egg whites, oatmeal, and mango.) 10:00am to 2:00pm- Rest

3:00 to 4:00 pm - Family time with wife Millie Corretjer. According to one of Oscar’s entourage, Oscar enjoys non-ejaculatory sex with wife (rejuvenates the spirit). Freddie Roach does not discourage sexual contact during training as long as the fighter does not climax or reach orgasm. Roach declined to comment on exactly what Oscar does from 3:00pm to 4:00pm but he did share this: “Let’s just say, when a fighter is pent up from having sex with no release, this increases his aggression and ferocity in the ring. This is why Manny is champ right now and this is why Floyd Mayweather’s getting knocked out on Cinco de Mayo..†He was referring to his other charge, Manny Pacquiao, a ferocious fighter from the Phillipines and current lightweight champ.

6:00-8:00 pm - Jackson's writes that during this time period in the day, Oscar De la Hoya works the pads with Freddie Roach and engages in intense sparring sessions.

Excerpt: 8:00-9:00 pm – Freddie Roach performs the full nude body greasedown massage technique on Oscar de la Hoya while fight strategy is discussed. The full nude body greasedown is a well documented boxing training tool used mostly before the 1970’s by fighters like Joe Louis and Willie Pep. It has been hailed by fighters like Demarcus Corley, Lennox Lewis, and Archie Moore. It is making resurgence among today’s trainers and currently trainer Joe Goossen is considered the most adept at it. In my opinion, Freddie Roach is the least adept as his Parkinson’s affected hands don’t seem to allow him to perform the gentlest massage. For those not familiar with the deeper fundamentals of boxing training, the full nude body greasedown consists of the trainer rubbing a combination of oil, vinegar, and sometimes salt over the completely nude body of a boxer. This seems to increase concentration and cause a bond between the fighter and the trainer.

9:00-10:00 pm – Jackson writes that Oscar De La Hoya and his sparring partners go for a swim in a special thermal pool. The pool is designed to relax muscles and allow them to recuperate from the day’s training. Apparently as Jackson reports, only the fighters and trainers are allowed in the pool. There is no clothing or any type of swimwear that is allowed during the swimming. Jackson confirmed the environment was completely professional and not paramount to “skinny dipping†as some in Floyd Mayweather’s camp have alluded to.

so fucking what , its not like OScar is 24 yrs old has something to prove and needs money

oscar has been at the "End " for a while now , he has other things going on

singing , promoting etc.

if he gets beat up he should still stick to boxing. he sucks at singing.

making a fucking mockery of mariachi music . . .