Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ibiza review!!!

WOW!!!!I just got back from my trip to Spain with my girlfriend. All I can say about Ibiza is - that place is AMAZING!! We only went to one club at night which was Space. That place is absolutely insane. it was Carl Cox's birthday so it was a special night. That was my first time hearing him and he is already my favorite DJ (along with Diggers). One thing that confuses me thought...Why is he considered a techno DJ?? He seemed like a more upbeat Digweed to me. Not a real techno sound more of a really hard house. They play many of the same songs, Cox just never lets the energy level drop for a second. Anyway, to top off the great setup and incredible music at Space the people are all really cool and just want to party. Every type of person you could imagine was there - straight, gay, white, balck, European, South American, dressed up people or people just in shorts and flip-flops you name it. Just a great scene and vibe.

Even thought Space was the best club I have ever been to I'd have to say my favorite place was on Ibiza was Bora-Bora. Great music by DJGEE and strong drinks along with beutiful women and a hot sun make for a dangerous combination smile.gif.

I could write on and on about my time there but I won't bore everybody. One last thing though Ibiza town at night is crazy!

We were only there for three days two nights, but based on that time lone alone I am going to book two weeks in August next year. Ity is truely the mecca for house lovers. You will not hear better music any where in the world. even the clothes stores play sick beats.

B2B & BlueAngel - I wanted to thank you two for the info you gave me a couple of weeks ago - it helped me out a lot!

B2B - Do you have the web address for the villas? If so, could you let me know what it is because I'd like to start working on this as soon as possible biggrin.gif

NIce.. Yeah, I agree. 3 days and 2 nights isn't long enough to be in Ibiza. You have to give it atleast 2 weeks to get the real deal.

Space is by far my favorite club too. Vibe unmatched.

Did Cox play inside or on the terrace?

When I saw him in '98, he spun on the terrace. Usually they play housey grooves outside and the harder stuff inside.

He played inside (at least when I was there -7:30- 6:00 he might have played an outside set before that. He was supposed to come on at 2:00 but he didn't come on until 3:00 because he was partying in the back with Darren Emerson and Laurent Garnier (they both played sets earlier in the day) and a bunch of other people. Yusef opened up for him inside. At first I wasn't into his sound but by the end he was incredible. Just ripping it up - even though the crowd was waiting for Cox they could not help but explode during Yosef's set.

But, like you said the vibe in Space is unmatched. I met the coolest people from all over the world. One girl I just met actually went on a search through the club to find me a piece of gum - now that is a nice crwod. Anyway, I am definitely going back for at least two weeks next year so I can truley experience what Ibiza has to offer biggrin.gif

space is by far the coolest club day or night

after partying all night, just walk over with

some friends to bora bora beach and enjoy the sunrise before they start playing, supercool. I never really bothered with pacha,

devino, prevelige and the clubs in San antonio, best places to go before the clubs

is defenately K5 which has chill outside

inside play house/techno/trance in a smaller setting (claire and mike go there too)

and of course Manamussion Hotel rooftop

and first floor.

one of the best is sven vaeth sunset parties

in the mountains between ibiza and san antonio.

needless to say you need a car to move around

(stick shift)

the party never ends, also check after hours

at the Rio apart. between 8am and 11am peaks.

(last year)

Space is the best club in the world, no doubt. Such an amazing vibe. Especially for the afterparties when not so many people are there. And Bora Bora is brilliant too. Ah, to be back on Ibiza I would... At least next year is less than one year away. smile.gif

JohnB

smile.gif

I can't help to say this, but if all goes well, I should be in Ibiza in Sept to catch Tenaglia at Space for a 6 hr set. That will be my highlight along with the other closing parties that the other clubs might offer. Unfortuantely, I won't be able to make the Renaissance one. I'll be on the plane back home. frown.gif

Next year, 2 weeks, closing parties. That's it. Right B2B???

Nolimit,

Just hope he catches the plane. I was supposed to see him for 7 hours including 3 outside and 4 inside, and only got 3 total. He missed his plane and didn't show till 3 am. Still brilliant though.

BTW, do you work with GU? Do you know Bela, the Hungarian guy who works for them? He put on all the wickedest parties in Hungary.

JohnB

jonhB,

No, I don't work for GU. I'm just one of their hardcore fans. It's probably my favorite site at the moment. Has been for quite some time.

I have a side venture throwing parties around the city. Our next one is this Thursday at FUN. Stop by, you'll like what u hear. Just email me, and I'll put u on our mailing list for future parties and events.

easy!

Originally posted by Nolimit:

jonhB,

No, I don't work for GU. I'm just one of their hardcore fans. It's probably my favorite site at the moment. Has been for quite some time.

I have a side venture throwing parties around the city. Our next one is this Thursday at FUN. Stop by, you'll like what u hear. Just email me, and I'll put u on our mailing list for future parties and events.

easy!

pls. let me the site of GU

I've heard about it but don't know the site

selective

keebler,

I'm so glad to hear that you had a blast in Ibiza!! It is absolutely the party central of the world!! Space is the best club in the whole island . . . the vibe there was great and I can not possibly forget how S&D sounded there even if I wanted to. eek.gif

There are some of us who are planning on going to Ibiza for the closing parties next year . . . I believe it's so far B2B and some of his friends, cholo40 and some of his friends, and me with some of my friends. We're planning on getttin a villa . . . you're welcome to join us then if we can find a villa that is big enough (right, Cholo??). Hey Nolimit, are you coming with us??

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time. I definately believe that Ibiza, unlike most places, just gets better and better as you go back. wink.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

If it gets any better I may never leave wink.gif I have never been to anyplace like it, ever! Like you blueangel, I can still remeber things perfectly (sometimes it's painful). The crowd singing happy birthday to Carl Cox and then having him drop the sickest song to start off his set. You knew he was going to play something great from the energy level of the crowd but I think he blew everyone away. That is why I am actually skipping S&D, so I can see Cox on the 1st.

Anyway, I have to go during August because my girlfriend can only get off then. Otherwise, I'd definitely be there for the closing parties! Either way I'll be there to enjoy a full two weeks of absolute bliss.

Keebler,

Glad to here you had a great time too, I hope you cheered the planes in on the terrace? I here you about Yousef, I got back from the UK last late last night, saw him at cream, he did a fantastic 6 hour set. The man is going to be HUGE, infact from what I am told he is doing a better job than Oakenfold.

I feel Ibiza sick at the moment.. it's been too long and all my friends are either going or getting ready to go. Somebody called me from Pacha last weekend icon8.gif ... bastard.

Nolimit,

We are looking for a Villa at the moment.. one of the biggest on the island infact!! Renaissance are doing well this year (except kylie minogue!).

Carn't beleive everybody is comming back and nobody has been to clockwork orange night.

If I was there longer I would have tried to go to as many different parties as possible. My night at Space pretty much wiped me out for the next day though. Then I left the following night frown.gif

B2B, I am looking into villas now, but I have a couple of questions about transportation. Would I definitely have to get a car? If so, are they a pain to have (parking, driving after the clubs...)? Also, what is the best area to look for a place? I would like to be as close to Ibiza Town as possible.

Yeah, Yousef is going to blow up! I hope he makes his way over to the states soon.

Bye the way, Richie Hawtin is going to be playing Twilo in September if you're still trying to get over here sometime.

Keebler,

sorry i forgot to post the site address http://www.festivetravel.com/intro1.htm there are a number of others though.

As to the car, it's a matter of opinion. Some people just hire out the mopeds, or a car but i just get taxi's i dont think they are expensive at all and when you fill them it's next to nothing. Besides they are doing random searches in Ibiza this year. Also it depends where your villa is of course.

As for location, in the middle of the island is a good place. Most of the villas are in the middle. If you go close to Ibiza town they are more expensive, but they are good for all the main nights, so long as you dont want to go to San An you will be OK. Oh but make sure it's not far East of the island because your a bit out of it then.

I dont belive it Richie @ Twilo.. you lucky people, it's tempting but i have people across in Sept.

Richie still = GOD.

keebler,

glad you like it, for future reference u can contact ibiza properties, web site is

ibizaproperty.com they show villa with

pics, price and location. get some people to share and spend a little more must get a pool

must rent a car, best location west coast,

behind the airport, also good san jose, san

miguel, don't stay in the city, parking prob.

if u can stay away august main vacation time

for uk,germans, french and italians.it's packed.

that's for now.

I won't be there for the closing parties next year. My girlfriend can only get time off for August next summer, so that's when I am setting things up for.

It's tough to think about what is going on over there right now. I makes a year seem a lot longer than it is.

I am new to the club scene, but I already know of the reputation of Ibiza. i was in Spain a little over a year ago, but didn't have time to get to Ibiza. however, I will be there studying abroad in a year - probably mid august- december. When are the closing parties and why are they so special?Thanks

----,'---@ Chrissy

raveatburgh, about $1000 for a week.

chrissynyc

closing parties are mis september (they vary from club to club). They are spesh. because there are less British people there, LOL.

No it's because Ibiza is the Cancum of England, year round it's full of kids. Come closing party time all the REAL clubbers from all over the world hit Ibiza. Also the support people who work in the clubs etc all go for it because big time because it's there last chance.. so basically it's just all the cool people come out for some of the best lin-up's of the season. It all seems to gel more.

I loved the clubs in Ibiza too---of course! But I cant believe no one has mentioned how fucking amazing the beaches are. Sa Trincha on Salinas or the sunset at Cafe Del Mar??? Have I ever been more relaxed in my life??? Every day should be like a day in Ibiza. Just came back 2 weeks ago and miss it terribly......