Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If You Like {Brand Name DJ} You'll Like {Local DJ}

I think this thread should be retitled brand name dj vs. generic dj. I think it's a clever thread though. It'll give us some insight to some of the influences these up and comers or copycats have.

Off the top of my head: Francois K vs. Neil Aline

wow, well im gonna list myself like sidoolongo said.

althought i cant really compare myself to just any one dj my biggest influences are:

dj vibe, calderone, richie santana, danny tenaglia, oscar g, superchumbo, peter bailey, kobbe, dj paulo, steve lawler...............

well u get the picture, i like to spin those deep, dark, progressive beats

:getdown:

The format "If you like..." is intended specifically to sidestep the rancor that ensues from comparing one artist to another; and other complications. For one, a local DJ may have a truly unique style and so trying represent him/her by likenings to well known DJs may be a disservice.

In addition, this construct allows for a little poetic licence. For example: Ben Watt (brand name) and Tony Lee (local). They don't play the same tracks or style, but if yours is the sort of sensibility that digs Watt's groovey smooth quality, chances are you will recognize and appreciate that same quality in Lee.

Also this frames the question in a field in which we are all experts: what we like. You don't have to be an egghead know-it-all steeped in EDM theory to like some quality of one DJ and recognize it in another.

The format "If you like..." is intended specifically to sidestep the rancor that ensues from comparing one artist to another; and other complications. For one, a local DJ may have a truly unique style and so trying represent him/her by likenings to well known DJs may be a disservice.

In addition, this construct allows for a little poetic licence. For example: Ben Watt (brand name) and Tony Lee (local). They don't play the same tracks or style, but if yours is the sort of sensibility that digs Watt's groovey smooth quality, chances are you will recognize and appreciate that same quality in Lee.

Also this frames the question in a field in which we are all experts: what we like. You don't have to be an egghead know-it-all steeped in EDM theory to like some quality of one DJ and recognize it in another.

WOW! you just flew over my head, lol.

EmperorPenguin1-Little_chick_stands_on_snow.jpg

Melt at the cuteness, bitches!

baby penguins are really cute, but once they grow up into adult penguins they are scary as fuck to me. have u ever seen a group of penguins chillin in a circle, they look like people with tailcoats on doing shady business with their backs to everyone. lmao