Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If You Like {Brand Name DJ} You'll Like {Local DJ}

Tony Draper = DJ Opa

Jonathan Peters = Jonnie Style

Boris = Boris

Nobody spins like Boris he is so untouchable!

i think when boris plays tribal...many many djs sound like him, and when i say sound like him i mean plays tracks that you would hear at his parties. when he plays techno i dont really know any techno djs but im sure he sounds like someone out there.

boris probably had the best year of his dj career thats for damn sure. hes been non stop all over ny and such.

if you like "The played out DJ's" then you'll like "NYC nightlife".

I'm sorry but minimalistic DJ's aren't my cup of tea.

It seems like whenever I want to go to some supper club, it's a minimalistic all around, except at Pacha and that place really sucks. I don't like walking up long stars with a drink in my hand.

STFU Oooooooolongooooooooo.

;)

Steve Porter plays way housier than Digweed, IMHO. I've only heard Boris a couple of times but it was that monotonous wall of NYC big room tribal you can hear in most any room at any time around the city, I give him respect for what he's accomplished as a DJ in NY but he has nowhere near the sound range or global experience of Richie Hawtin or Adam Beyer. Richie's been doing the minimal thing for a while now but has run the gamut of all things techno over the past 15 years, and is a global dance music icon that helped bring th culture and music out of the warehouses and into the clubs. Boris and he really cannot be compared - like I said I can respect Boris for what he has accomplished in NYC, but sonically or otherwise, not much of a comparison to be made there, IMHO.

If you like Richie Hawtin you might like Micromini, Camea, Bill Patrick or Dennis Rodgers.

If you like Adam Beyer you might like JCG.

If you like Sandy Riveira you might like Stadenco.

If you like Danny Tenglia you might like Derek Plaislaiko - definitely from totally different schools of sound, bu both are DJs that can go any which way at any time and impress the fuck out of any audience. Derek and Dennis Rodgers are my fave DJs in NY.

If you like Derrick Carter, you might like Craig Dubs, Stankdubz, Allen Key or Sleepy & Boo.

If you like Switch or Jesse Rose, you might like DJ Fame or me.

There trance, but with some influences of tribal house/trance. Check there site out. http://www.mark-norman.com/. http://www.sandervandoorn.com/

Sander Van Doorn is definitely not trance with influences of tribal house/trance. He is more electro or tech trance.

The fact that we are pretty much the only two people who know this great dj, shows how limited people are in knowing anyone besides Boris, DT and other similar "well known" Dj's.