Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Aggressive Clubs

I think assholes tend to flock towards assholes. In clubs where the main goal is to dance and have a good time with friends, the assholes aren't too welcome. They'll have a hard time picking up, no matter how many hours they spent at the gym that month, so eventually they stop coming (thankfully). In clubs where it's more of a catwalk everywhere you go, ego's get bruised by who's got bigger bicepts or tits and problems arise. I go to Factory once in a while but I have friends who won't step foot in the place. Vinyl or Twilo for me. PEACE!!!!

I don't think SF is agro. I can only guess that it's pos that the crowd there is a little older and more 'serious'.

As for Exit, I think it's all the b/t, jersey boys that go there. I went by the other night and the line was 80% guys - most of whom were wearing gold chains around their necks...

Twilo is always mellow because at least half the people there on any given night are on E,K,C, G or CM and more interested in maintaing their high than in fucking up yours.

BTW - What rave is this Saturday?

------------------

When it won't help to slow down...PoUr iT oN!!

Originally posted by emo:

I don't think SF is agro. I can only guess that it's pos that the crowd there is a little older and more 'serious'.

As for Exit, I think it's all the b/t, jersey boys that go there. I went by the other night and the line was 80% guys - most of whom were wearing gold chains around their necks...

Twilo is always mellow because at least half the people there on any given night are on E,K,C, G or CM and more interested in maintaing their high than in fucking up yours.

BTW - What rave is this Saturday?

sf older crowd, twilo everyone's fucked up...

you prolly either havent been to these clubs or you're clueless. the reason centro, twilo, vinyl are not fightclubs is cause people are there for the music, and not to be seen or get fucked up. when people are out just to get fucked up and show off their water retentive muscles, part of the game is to create drama as in 'quit lookin at my girl i'll kill you' or 'fuck you bumpin into me for.' when you're at a club for the music, most other things are not relevant and you dont have fights.

on that note some news. someone got shot outside envy last nite. and that stabbing at metropolis last week has some serious implications. the kid stabbed and the stabber are both sons of mobsters. i'm strappin my bulletproof vest on this weekend!

------------------

deez nuts

Here's the info about the rave. There's also a rumor that Keoki will be spinning.

Name:Underground Elements

Time:9pm-7am

Cost: $27 advance, $30 door

Info: Cloud 9, 718-595-2902/ Park Rave212-465-3368/718-390-7176

Styles: various

Promoter: Cloud 9, Park Rave Maddness

Djs:Christonpher lawerence, T-1000, Scott Henry, venom, xdream, pleasurehead, johnny fame, dj dara, odi, kazpa, da

jungle rollaz, datcyde, knowel, josef fazor,

soma,strangelove

Last time I went to Exit, it was called Carbon. Too many thug types looking for "beef". I hate that baloni. Is it still the same?

Twilo is the funnest place Ive ever been to without a doubt. I couldnt care less that many people in there are on some type of drug. Just glad that theyre having a good time!!!

Originally posted by p00h:

the reason centro, twilo, vinyl are not fightclubs is cause people are there for the music, and not to be seen or get fucked up. when people are out just to get fucked up and show off their water retentive muscles, part of the game is to create drama as in 'quit lookin at my girl i'll kill you' or 'fuck you bumpin into me for.' when you're at a club for the music, most other things are not relevant and you dont have fights.

hmmmm, actually SF and Twilo are two of my favorite clubs (in addition to Cheetah on Thursdays). I haven't been to Vinyl but I've heard a lot of good things about it...

I agree with you that when people are out just to flex or get fucked up problems start. However,I think there are plenty of people that go to SF because you can dress up, listen to good music, and check out all the hotties - sans juicehead boyfriends.

Twilo has neither style nor class and as such is perfect for just getting your dance on and hanging out or showing up at 6am when it doesn't matter anyway. BTW, I love Twilo and Saturday overnights with Junior are the BEST - especially after the Roxy's big room!

------------------

When it won't help to slow down...PoUr iT oN!!

there r more assholes at SF and exit b/c there are more *people* at these clubs. not only that, those two clubs r more eclectic than twilo or fly so the variety of people will naturally attract those who differ from the typical e-clubbers and/or music lovers.

variety does make life interesting, but u r right, most of us aren't looking for a brawl when we want a good time. some r though, so even small, specialized clubs can have folks with bad-ass attitudes.

fortunately, all of the above mentioned clubs are predominantly mellow (yes, even SF and exit-- maybe u r too young to remember what the clubs were like in the druken/coked-out '80s) so you don't really need to worry. with so many people there, u will meet a few assholes, but it also means u will meet that many more cool people!

also, i agree that twilo is not about drugs as much as about music. then again, *i* am not about drugs as much as about music, so i tend to see things that way.

party on smile.gif