Clubplanet Nightlife Community

movie rec: pan´s labyrinth

tastey

I saw it three weeks ago and was blown away. PL along with Letters from Iwo Jima are my favorite films of the past year.

However, I'm pissed off that Mercedes didn't gut Vidal when she had the chance - it would have saved a lot of trouble.

Guest onisakura

Very true....i saw it last night and was blown away as well. What an incredible movie! The screenplay was so well executed. I dont want to give it away but towards the end i started believing less in the fairy tale. So sad.

I would love to see it again but without the subtitles, they kept distracting me and they dont translate literally so you kinda lose a little of the essence of the dialogue. Regardless it was stunning.

Guest onisakura
SPOILER WARNING

What I don't get is when she stabs him through his open mouth what does the blade do that he's still alive and in pretty good shape after that?

It was a tiny blade. I really like the irony of the cut to his face, gives him that gruesme half smile.

Killing him woulnd't have given it that punch at the end when she's like, "He won't even know your name." Goes back to the story about his own father.

The movie is very dimensional.