Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fantasy Baseball 2007!

Codica3

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh, it's not really that bold of a statement considering the caliber of 2B's in the AL. 2006 was Cano's breakout year. Much like 2005 was Utey's to which he followed it up with an awesome '06. If Cano has a 2006 type year there will be no discussion. The only spec will be who's better Cano or Utley.

To which the answer will be Utley.

Yeah, I guess you're right. After drafting tonite and looking at the 2nd baseman choices, there isn't much to go with if you're looking for offensive numbers.

The guy isn't exactly a phenomenal fielder. And you still think Jeter is god so you can understand why I question your choices.

the guy is more than adequate in the field (trust joe morgans assesment ) and you never told me who was better, and you also thought A-rod was God ,So I can easily question your baseball choices or lack thereof in regards to saying who is better at 2b

I have....look at everything besides batting average

then take a closer look and look at that other 50% of the game called defense

trust me....Cano might bat his way on a fantasy sheet but he's shaky at best at second

the #s arent close(besides BA uh yeh 40 points higher is a big deal Slg.% HR . OPS all much better , the only thing roberts has over him is SB

and brian roberts is not a superstud with the glove he is above avg.

look at the defensive #s from last yr they are the same : ZR , total chances ,PO and FP

REALLY look this #s this time

"shaky at best" what do you watch 3 yankee games a yr.?

are you ...check the #s

Actually in fantasy baseball on MLB.com, his rank is below Roberts - because they factor in fielding as well as KO's and other things that Cano isn't the best at.

And A-Rod WAS the best SS before he moved over, but he is far from god. When it comes to looks however, he's a little closer. :eek:

Actually in fantasy baseball on MLB.com, his rank is below Roberts - because they factor in fielding as well as KO's and other things that Cano isn't the best at.

And A-Rod WAS the best SS before he moved over, but he is far from god. When it comes to looks however, he's a little closer. :eek:

FANTASY rating......

back to the real world

the defensive #s are the same

Robbies offensive #s are way better than roberts except sb/bb

but just to clarify you are in agreeance with JS that roberts is the best 2b iin the al??

What does pointing out that he's fat accomplish?

ehhh...bx just getting a little testy and going off course. trying to interject how i could possibly think the best clutch hitter in all of baseball could be considered for MVP to prove his point that Robbie Cano is the best second baseman in the american league makes no sense to me either, but to each his own

ehhh...bx just getting a little testy and going off course. trying to interject how i could possibly think the best clutch hitter in all of baseball could be considered for MVP to prove his point that Robbie Cano is the best second baseman in the american league makes no sense to me either, but to each his own

NO jon not off course ...just proving you wrong AGAIN , because your argument about cano and how we have to take into account The other 50% of the game being defense , yet you try to rationalize how a guy who doesnt even play in the field should be mVP .

funny how DJ #s with RISP was a higher than your boy who sat on a bench and only played in the game every 3 innings

and once again Canos Offensiive #s are alot better and the defensive #s were the same as roberts

I said it once, and I will say it again. I hate the DH position, and I would never vote a DH as MVP if I was in the position to.

Being a position player leaves alot more room for injury, and considering you work for the entire game, by seasons end your body is alot more tired than that of a DH.

Yeah Ortiz is valuable to his team, but would be less valuable if Ramirez or someone of Manny's abilities were not in the line up with him. You need the combo of the 2 of them for either of them to put up the numbers that they do. With an average batter before or after Ortiz, the numbers would be alot different.

For all those Jeter Haters... I'm not gonna go there, I am not quite sure what else the man has to do to gain respect. There probably is nothing he can do because you will all continue to hate just to hate.

Oh, and I'd put my money on Cano... 3000+ innings less experience, and still getting better. But then again, what the hell do I know.