Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fantasy Baseball 2007!

Codica3

haven't been on here in a bit yet I see my boy djjon is still getting his ass handed to him in every post...some things never change

and the peanut gallery has entered.....now peanut gallery just scraped quoting a newspaper article all together and just relys on throwing insults

and fact still remains, Brian Roberts is a better second baseman then Cano

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the peanut gallery has entered.....now peanut gallery just scraped quoting a newspaper article all together and just relys on throwing insults

and fact still remains, Brian Roberts is a better second baseman then Cano

you should check your facts then

I am the biggest Yankee fan and I really do think Jeter's overrated. He should have moved to CF when we traded for AROD. and never signed Damon

AROD is just so much better at short than Jeter it's gross. For anyone who watches the games it is clear that Jeters range sucks especially his range to his gloveside(up the middle)

I really think Cano is better than Jeter as well.

There is one stat we should all be looking at and that is .OPS+

Cano: 132

Roberts: 96

That is such an important stat that that disparity cannot be overlooked.

If you asked every AL GM whod they rather have I THINK the consensus would be Cano, maybe Im biased though

BR is a slightly better 2B, but Cano is an infinitely better hitter

If you asked every AL GM whod they rather have I THINK the consensus would be Cano, maybe Im biased though

and also cano upside is greater being that he is only 23 .

and i agree with your D.J assesment of his glove side range ,his range to his right is good and his Roaming range is above average

and also cano upside is greater being that he is only 23 .

and i agree with your D.J assesment of his glove side range ,his range to his right is good and his Roaming range is above average

Wait, you agree or disagree with the comment that his range sucks?

Wait, you agree or disagree with the comment that his range sucks?

ill type slower

Jeters range to his left(which is his glove side) is not that good ,his range to his right is good. His roaming range which is going out into shallow left field or center with his back to the ball etc. is very good.

ill type slower

Jeters range to his left(which is his glove side) is not that good ,his range to his right is good. His roaming range which is going out into shallow left field or center with his back to the ball etc. is very good.

Yet you still think Jeter is a better shortstop than A-Rod?

you're also missing a very important fact....roberts is a leadoff hitter and can run the bases as good as anybody in the league. cano is hitting seventh and on a sloppy team he is a #2 hitter with no speed. yes he hit for average, but he showed very little power albeit he is a second baseman and for second basemen he had standard power. guaranteed cano is in the outfield in a few years.....and he doesnt ever break 10 stolen bases

roberts isnt a gold glover but he has range and makes great plays in the field. cano is younger but if you were to have a player for this year would you choose roberts or cano? think about it

you're also missing a very important fact....roberts is a leadoff hitter and can run the bases as good as anybody in the league. cano is hitting seventh and on a sloppy team he is a #2 hitter with no speed. yes he hit for average, but he showed very little power albeit he is a second baseman and for second basemen he had standard power. guaranteed cano is in the outfield in a few years.....and he doesnt ever break 10 stolen bases

Roberts isnt a gold glover but he has range and makes great plays in the field. cano is younger but if you were to have a player for this year would you choose roberts or cano? think about it

your missing a very important fact.. Based on last yrs #s Robinson cano is the best 2nd basemen in the AL.This was the point of the argument

little power?? 15 homers 80 rbi and he missed 42 games?!?!? from the 2nd base position that is way above avg.

he has speed he doesnt steal bases attempted only 7 times , that # will go up as his confidence and Joe Torre allows.

And ill gladly take you on both your bets Re: 10 steals and the move to the outfield.

your missing a very important fact.. Based on last yrs #s Robinson cano is the best 2nd basemen in the AL.This was the point of the argument

little power?? 15 homers 80 rbi and he missed 42 games?!?!? from the 2nd base position that is way above avg.

he has speed he doesnt steal bases attempted only 7 times , that # will go up as his confidence and Joe Torre allows.

And ill gladly take you on both your bets Re: 10 steals and the move to the outfield.

Ya I agree, I'd still take Cano but maybe were just being biased.

But I don't think his SB's will go up by much and I do think he'll be in the OF in the next few years.

Also, wasn't Cuddyer a 2B for most of last year? I know he qualified as one in fantasy but I didn't get to wath many of the Twins' games so I don't really know. Anyway, if he was then I think his numbers were better than Cano's

Ya I agree, I'd still take Cano but maybe were just being biased.

But I don't think his SB's will go up by much and I do think he'll be in the OF in the next few years.

Also, wasn't Cuddyer a 2B for most of last year? I know he qualified as one in fantasy but I didn't get to wath many of the Twins' games so I don't really know. Anyway, if he was then I think his numbers were better than Cano's

i think Cuddyer he played most in rf no??

ill bet you cano has 10+ sb by the end of the yr

and unless he becomes a total headcaase or butcher at 2nd theyare gonna leave em there

oh and codica, I'd probably be willing to give up Johan for the right deal. I'd probably need Papelbon/Furcal/Dye/Jones. Obviously not all of them but those are the players I'd be interested in and Pap would be a must have for me.

Hmm.. I might be willing to part with Papelbon and possibly Furcal but I'm definitely gonna have to hold onto Andruw and I'm really feeling Jermaine, lemme check over my roster and yours and get back to you.

please...just please....get off cano's cock for 5 seconds

funny how the day after i posted my response to caleb (not you)your making an entirely new thread devoted to the subject. So heed your own advice and hop off both canos and roberts dick andd go post some more yahoo fantasy experts opinions.

we all could use the laugh at your expense..

for the final time (until you post something even more stupid and require correction)

based on last yrs #s Cano is the best in the al

has better offensive #s thatn roberts and same defensive #s (ALL STATS: Zone rating chances p/o etc.

funny how the day after i posted my response to caleb (not you)your making an entirely new thread devoted to the subject. So heed your own advice and hop off both canos and roberts dick andd go post some more yahoo fantasy experts opinions.

we all could use the laugh at your expense..

for the final time (until you post something even more stupid and require correction)

based on last yrs #s Cano is the best in the al

has better offensive #s thatn roberts and same defensive #s (ALL STATS: Zone rating chances p/o etc.

you look at a stat line and make a judgement on the better player? so that whole thing about how the game is played such as baserunning, defense, range, arm, leadoff man abilities, etc. means nothing? not to mention his fantasy numbers arent even as good as cano's

please bro you're starting to sound as retarded as your pet mikedadumdum so end your arguement and just accept the fact that you made a farfetched claim out of dedication to your team. we're all guilty of it and it happens so i wont discredit your baseball knowledge based on this discussion. i mean its not like you're being rediculous and saying baseball players arent athletes or anything....

everywhere i turn you are mentioning me :love:

just curious djjon but you mention all these other x-factors such as base running, range, etc...how often do you watch Roberts play in order to determine he has all of these things?

maybe every time i watch the O's play the Red Sox

:idea:

they're only division rivals and whatnot

• 3 weeks later...