Clubplanet Nightlife Community

movies...

misk

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw 300 on IMAX..great movie..but i enjoyed sin city much better

As I was saying, 300 was good but very historically inaccurate.

-there were 1,000 plus soldiers at the final stand, not 300

-the combined Greek army had over 7,000 soldiers in the beginning

-the Immortals wore black sheath over their faces, not samurai masks as they were not ninjas

-the Spartans didn't fight out of the phalanx formation or else they would have been mowed by Persian archers

-there were no elephants, rhinos or calvary, as the passage was too narrow to utilize them

-Xeres wasn't a faggot

also saw Guide to Recognizing your Saints.. really enjoyed it.. nevermind the fact it takes places in my neighborhood

The movie was an inferior version of "A Bronx Tale". Also, at least 80% of the shit that happened in the movie was based on fiction.

And the events don't even take place anywhere near your neighborhood! You live closer to Serge's base in Jew Gardens.

As I was saying, 300 was good but very historically inaccurate.

-there were 1,000 plus soldiers at the final stand, not 300

-the combined Greek army had over 7,000 soldiers in the beginning

-the Immortals wore black sheath over their faces, not samurai masks as they were not ninjas

-the Spartans didn't fight out of the phalanx formation or else they would have been mowed by Persian archers

-there were no elephants, rhinos or calvary, as the passage was too narrow to utilize them

-Xeres wasn't a faggot

The movie was an inferior version of "A Bronx Tale". Also, at least 80% of the shit that happened in the movie was based on fiction.

And the events don't even take place anywhere near your neighborhood! You live closer to Serge's base in Jew Gardens.

..im sure most intellegent people knew that it was not a movie to be used for historical accuracy......it played up the legend part of the story...thats why it was done like someone telling a story .....

.....the airbrushed abulars did add to the excitement.....i half expected jared leto to be prancing around in the back...ever since alexander i picture him in all those bordeline homo war ensamble movies

..im sure most intellegent people knew that it was not a movie to be used for historical accuracy......it played up the legend part of the story...thats why it was done like someone telling a story .....

Sadly, I think you overestimate people. On my way out of the theater, a group of hipsters marveled on how "the Spartans fought without any body armor".

:banghead:

Sadly, I think you overestimate people. On my way out of the theater, a group of hipsters marveled on how "the Spartans fought without any body armor".

:banghead:

.....true lol......i forget how borderline handicapped most of the general public tends to be