Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mr. C tommorrow at Limelight

This post officially makes me a clubber. YYIIIIPPPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!! tongue.gif

Is anyone going to LL tommorrow to catch Mr. C. I never saw him spin, but a friend of mine is really into him, so looks like I am going. How is LL? What is the crowd like? Please tell me it is mixed and not meatheadish. Any dress codes?

JohnB

I'll be there..

I have never been to LL on a Saturday. People have said it's a cheezy crowd but it won't affect me. I'm going to hear some serious tunes!

He really knows how to set it off. Anywhere from tech-house to some really funky shit. No trance at this party...

I went to limelight one time, and it's the only time I'll go (unless some good djs are playing).

The night started out (when I got there was around 11:30ish) with Zombie Nation mainstream house stuff.. Stuff I've heard before.

Then it slowly got worse and worse. I am not yet 21 so the girls didn't see a wristband and didn't waste their time (oh well hehe.. dont wanna hook up, just dance but whatever).

Eventually i heard this salsa/mexican house music playing.. and I just stopped dancing. I was trying to get into it and I just stopped. Was dead on the floor doing nothing. I walked off in disgust and stood against the wall while my friends tried to do their groove there.. In about 5 minutes everybody was ready to leave. We left at about 3am and hit Exit and finished the night on a high note.

Limelight's dance floor is really shoddy and I could hear how fucked up it was walking over it. Creeeeeak here and there.. was bad.

The place itself is amazing - it's made of a church and inside with all the Jesus Disco balls it is really trippy.

Unless I hear some good DJs playin there (PVD, S&D, Tsettos, etc) I don't think I'll ever venture in there again. It's a set crowd and I don't think I'll be able to fit into it.

I only know that on the 19th, Divine is from 10 til 1, and Juno Reactor from 1 til whenever it ends (DSE says it'll go as long as there's peeps there). Tomorrow night i dunno, but I'm sho gonna b there!

BTW, I was at LL for a rave a couple months ago (KIND, i think it wuz...) the place looked sooooo bootiful, but the sound & lights were off in their timing. I understand it's all wired up tight now. Yeeeehaaa!

Blue skies,

Melissa

------------------

Peace be the journey

Hercules,

Sorry to hear about your past experience with LL. I can tell you that tonight is one night to go. Mr C from London is an amazing dj up there with the top ones. I'm sure his residents Layo & Bushwacka! will be there. They're supposed to play tomorrows Matter-Form boat party along with John Selway.

Hope it doesn't rain!

OK so I just found out what the sets were going to be tonight at Limelight....

Corbett 10-1:30 or so

MR.C 1:30 or so until around 4:30

There might be a closer after Mr. C from the trance party..... if the club stays open late enough!!!

Nicole