Clubplanet Nightlife Community

health issues from dancing

does anyone else suffer health problems from dancing all night? i get muscle cramps, the usual mineral deficiencies, and muscle and tendon detaching in my upper feet (like shin splints). but what concerns me the most is the few days after, i'll have sharp chest pains and sudden, strong cramps in my diaphragm. then i'll have trouble breathing. is this pretty common? i just don't to have heart failure before i'm 20

take care, be safe, everyone

hm, i only take like one roll, sometimes nothing. i eat little the day after. but besides those two things, i'm pretty healthy, i.e. athletic and in shape.

considering the way i dance and the consecutive hours, i wouldn't be surprised if i were putting a strain on my heart. could be emphasized by some speed or whatever amphetamine in the roll

For shin splints do this exercise.

While standing lift your toes up and keep the your heel on the ground (like tapping your feet).

Do that to each foot like 50 times a day. You look dumb and dont feel like its working, but it does!

Also, do you smoke? My roomate in school used to get chest pains like your describing and her Dr said it was from cigarettes.

Doing 6 hours dancing in a club is like running a half marathon, if your not fit & smoke you want to take it easiyer.

Remember if you are rolling, speeding on coke etc, your body fools itself into thinking your not as tired as you really are.

People with a familily history of heart conditions, that smoke or are unfit need to be alittle more carefull.

Originally posted by kludgio:

[but what concerns me the most is the few days after, i'll have sharp chest pains and sudden, strong cramps in my diaphragm. then i'll have trouble breathing. is this pretty common?

take care, be safe, everyone

Yo, you better check yourself out. I'm no doctor, but I don't think these symptoms come from dancing.

Originally posted by trk:

While standing lift your toes up and keep the your heel on the ground (like tapping your feet).

Do that to each foot like 50 times a day. You look dumb and dont feel like its working, but it does!

Also, do you smoke? My roomate in school used to get chest pains like your describing and her Dr said it was from cigarettes.

trk, thanks for the info. do you know what to do about the shin splints effect in the foot? it's in the bridge of my foot, instead of my shins. like one gets shin splints from repetitive impact on the bottom of the foot (impact travels up the leg), i get the problem in the top of my foot because i dance on my toes (impact is on the ball of my feet and travels up the bridge of my foot). and yeah, i do smoke. not a lot though: like a few packs/week.

upstate, good idea about training; thanks. used to do that for tennis. clubbing can be a hardcore sport

sorry but i have to disagre with you on this..

DO NOT do that exercise, i have been dancing for about 8 years, and that is not the way to get rid of shin splints (i actually have a case of them as we speak) shin splints are micro tears in the tendon that attaches the muscle to the bone, due to extensive use of the muscle(dancing like a nut for 10 hours in factory will do it to ya) the best way to rid yourself of shin splints is plain good old rest staying off your feet as much as possible , eating a good diet (lots of protein) elevating your foot or feet when your a resting helps take some of the blood and toxins away from you muscles in your lower extremities.

excersice on the regular at least 3-4 times a week and get ample sleep.

to keep shin splints from coming back you need to stretch you lower legs alot, most peole think to do this exercise that hits the front head of your calf, though the reason you get shin splints in the first place is because your calves are too tight therefore they pull the front of your foot downward and inhibits joint integrity. so when you do this exercise you know not only have tight back calves but the muscle in the front of your legs is now tight too. not good.

stretching is the key to staying injury free.

about the other parts of your problem, it sounds to me you aren't drinking enough water during and after your dancing stints.

especially eating, you need to force yourself to eat if you must... but make sure you get a good few medium sized healthy meals in the day after(like 4-5) this will help your body recoperate and also help your brain recoop from the roll the night before(food is the building block of seratonin, and seratonin gets depleted when you do E)

as far as your heart an chest goes, that i would have a doctor look into, never mess around when it comes to your heart, though he may tell you it sounds like a classic case of anxiety attacks (maybe from the E)

but doing cardiovascular work is always good to keep up stamina on the dance floor, in the gym, on the courts, or in the bed, cardio is awesome for your body overall.

Originally posted by trk:

------------------

I take my problems to the dancefloor...

[This message has been edited by scramble360 (edited 08-14-2000).]