Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Trance @ Work -- Digital Radio

Spoonyd: I thought I'd expound a bit on my feelings on raves -- don't worry, I'm not flaming you. smile.gif

I've only been to two raves thus far -- one had mild security at best, but it was EXCELLENT, because it was 21+ and everyone was mature enough to be on their best behavior. The second one was in CT, and it wasn't so good, IMHO -- crowd was too young (16+), the line was 2hrs long (security was understaffed, anal, incompetant) and there was a stabbing (which should never, EVER happen at a real feel-good rave). I haven't heard of any huge, illegit warehouse raves in NYC just yet... which is something I'd love to do. But my first rave was pretty small, held in a roller rink with maybe 400-500 peeps, and it was AWESOME -- my first step into the club / rave scene in NYC.

I'm not a huge fan of Twilo -- I've been there 2, maybe 3 times, and it's too crowded for my tastes. Plus, the DJs I've heard there haven't impressed me so much. I'm not a big fan of glowstickers..... maybe if there were more space, that'd be cool, but I don't want shiznat swinging where I could be dancing.

I'm a bigger fan of the rave scene, as opposed to the club scene, specifically because the people who go there don't go to be seen, but to have a good time -- everyone does their own thing, is respectful and courteous to everyone else. Real raves seem to be on the down-low in the city, which just means you have to network and search a bit harder to find them.......

I'm not into going to clubs to see all the skin and stuff -- I want to go to DANCE. Doesn't matter if I don't have a super technique or mad-moves -- it's all about the music. I get the feeling that clubs don't have that same attitude / vibe......

Did this make any sense? Did I ramble too much? wink.gif I don't think I was arguing with you...... just my personal opinions.

------------------

-=Vejita=-

okay, perhaps it's a little exaggeration. But let's keep in mind, Tilt did not play a full house at one of New York's most popular clubs. I think that says a lot. When a more or less unkown (perhaps 'less' known) trance dj can drag the attendance down at a club like Twilo...

On any given night at twilo you have say 4 groups of people.

1. People who recognize the dj's name and are showing up for that.

2. People who recognize the club's name and are just going to "Twilo".

3. People who just need a place where they's be left along while they listen to loud music and do drugs.

4. People who know and appreciate the music above all else.

That 4th portion is a small one, and likely the only portion that would have shown up to see Tilt if he were playing a different unknown venue.

Compare that to the 4000 ravers who showed up just to hear Tiesto play at a rave in Toronto. This is what I'm getting at.

No matter what though, I'd kill to see Tiesto at Twilo. Sure it would be a success, but for me, it would seem a little wrong.

------------------

keep it cutlary

www.spoonyd.iwarp.com

Then I'm assuming we're both in the 4th group..... I've been quite impressed with a lot of the trance I've heard thus far, regardless of whether orartist. I'm going to Oakey on Saturday cuz I love the Tranceport stuff of his I've heard, in addition to all of his early stuff (@Home in Ibiza, Gatecrasher, his live China set, etc). It would, indeed, be a different story if I were going because I wanted to say "I went to see Paul Oakenfold".

My first rave was awesome -- and I don't even know who the DJs were. They probably aren't big, they're probably local talent that likes to spin at FUN, perhaps clandestine venues (or at least until they get discovered wink.gif ). That didn't make it any less cool.

I dunno.... I like popping onto Winamp radio, hearing good music and then trying to find other stuff by that artist. I didn't even know Tiesto was a big-name DJ until I asked on this board!

So yeah.... basically, live for the music.

------------------

-=Vejita=-