Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does Webster Hall suck?

It's not bad at all in my opinion. If the club was on the West side of Manhattan in the Chelsea district, in the Meat market district or uptown by Pacha & Exit, people would rarely have an issue with the place. It's more of a location dislike for most people.

Haven't been there in years...

The place is huge...many different rooms w/ different kinds of music in each (house, 80s, rock, hip-hop, latin, etc.) Place could definately use a facelift.

Crowd is what you'd expect from such a place. No real music heads...mostly a bunch of people who hit a club like once a year.

I will admit that I had some good times there (quite a ways back), but I doubt I'd ever consider going back there.

I know i would go check it out if a dj i was into was playing that main room regardless of what the crowd is like. Every big room club has basically the same type of people there with the exception of like 50%being straight up music heads. The other percent is a bunch of first timers, people goin to have a good time get drunk try to get laid get fucked up having fun. A bunch of tourists are at everyclub as well.

Now what seperates the other clubs from webster is that they book djs that 100's-1000's of people want to see. So im assuming if webster did the same thing many fans of the dj would check it out and create their own vibe. The main room itself i think is great havent been in a few yrs so i am a bit curious as to what the sound and lighting is like.

A bunch of tourists are at everyclub as well.
Webster has an abnormally high tourist quotient, because of its longevity and brand name.

I have friends who go there regularly because young single European girls on vacation and looking for someone to "show them the city"... are easy.

yes and has no 'vibe' either...not to mention it SMELLS too!!! :shake:

If you mean Vibe=Crack Heads your right - Go to CroBar or whatever they

call it today ` get a few of there special drinks. Then any DJ event Boring

Boris will sound great.....

I hate to agree with Silver but he correct - Excellent DJ normally means a good time.

If you mean Vibe=Crack Heads your right. - Go to CroBar or whatever they call it today ` get a few of there special drinks. Then any DJ event Boring Boris will sound great.....

Your an idiot! Carl Cox @ Crobar was awesome to reply to yur comment--and it was because it was CC not because I have loyalty to a specific club.

On the contrary ...I am talkin about 'unity' and there ain't none in WH. I know it was the shit back in the day and I have respect for history of it-period. Of course a great DJ will bring better peeps (case in point--Crobar), but even if my fav dj was @ WH...I wouldn't be -JMO :finger: