Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need some help with mixer info...

yep, the knobs will be available in like a month.... and Stanton is actually developing a new mixer that will shock the dJ world.... its the world's first tube mixer... something huge (like 3x2 feet) and silver, with every effect you can imagine built in....and get this, the VU meters are filled with flourescent blue LIQUID that bounces up and down to the beat of the music.... this thing is ridic....It will be out in about three months and is gonnna cost like $4 g's....

i want in on the breakin' battle for the tables

------------------

"Don't go crazy, don't get depressed, don't go after stupid, unattractive women, don't fight the feelin', don't let anyone tell you that disco house is terrible." --Trevor Zier

Guest clubkid77

Listen all you need to start is 2 Turntables, definatly DIRECT DRIVE. technics 1200's are prety much the best or at least industry standard, but kinda pricey, if you can afford them definatly go with them. You will also need a mixer. You dont need any of this expensive crap people are talking about for all you know youll get frustrated and quit and you just blew mad money on equipment. Id love the new rane rotary myself but you definatly dont need it for your FIRST MIXER.

My personal setup:

2 Technics 1200 MK2's

1 Gemini CDJ1100

1 Vestax PMC-17a

1 Pioneer EFX-500

Marantz CD Recorder

Sony MD recorder/player

Bookshelf sterio and nice monitors

OH yeah if anyone is interested im selling my OLD Mixer, its about 6 months old its a NUMARK PRO-SM1.

prety much a battle style mixer, has hamster switch OPTICAL faders with slop adjustment etc... Screwless faceplate, Eq's on both channels Anyways, im askin 200$ for it. It goes for about 400 in stores. For picture and specs go to www.numark.com