Clubplanet Nightlife Community

One + One @ Pacha, NYC w/ pics

Ok had to use all day yesterday for sleep and recovery so here’s the coherent review.

Let’s get this outta the way….Nic & James shredded Pacha!

I got there @ 12:00 to hear the warm up. I think it was Kos. However, knowing I’d never heard Nic live I didn’t want to miss his opening, so I took the 1st hour there to check out the NYC Locals in the basement. Awesome set, don’t know who the DJs were but Kudos! I included a picture of them in the album.

1AM time to hear Nic. First track was sick: Rossel & Monochrome- Juber. It was on their Essential mix last month. For the 1st hour Nic was killing it & the crowd seemed to be in synch with every kick drum and bass line. At one point he dropped some sinister conga drum driven track. WOW!

He weaved in and out of house, techno and the splash of tribal beats.

Around 2, I was starting to wonder “where’s James?†A few peeps in the crowd were talking aloud saying “wait for the other guyâ€!

Then a small roar came around as James made his way down the stairs into the DJ booth.

After some chit chat in the booth with Nic and others, James setup his laptop and a few minutes later he stepped to the decks and what an intro it was!

Nic had left off on a nice tribal tech track and James (using the EFX 100 and DJM mixer) twisted his way into a long techy glitchy intro & BAM dropped “Solve It†by Dave Robertson. Insane is the only was to describe the crowd reaction. For the next hour James dropped one tech laden bomb after another. Towards the end of the hour he slowed up a bit and played a few slower, Proggy Breaks Vocal tracks. But it was all to set up when Nic rejoined him in the booth.

3AM, One + One.

Amazing. They feed of each other seamlessly. Every track used was barely recognizable.

The damage the two of them unleashed on the sound system was nothing short of total devastation. Around 4:30 some old favorites starting to be teased in.

They dropped Underworld- Dark & Long, pieces of Koglin’s Enjoy the Silence. One of the best tunes they dropped was some violently twisted mix of Daft Punk “Bigger Stonger Fasterâ€. Sick!

When it was all over I was exhausted. What a fabulous time and if you haven’t seen these two play together…what are you waiting for??? I can’t wait for these guys to come back.

Enjoy the pictures!

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k35/m1sT3rL/

Here’s a listing of what I was able to spot throughout the night. Aside from the few I specifically marked, I couldn’t tell you when each track was played.

Rossell & Monochrome – Juber (Rossell’s Mexico City Version) ***Nic’s 1st track

Dave Robertson – Solve It ***James 1st Track

Tricky Disco – Triky Disco (The Martin Brothers Thizzy Disco Remix)**Nic’s set

Workkidz – Work It **James’ set

Juergens – Love It **James’ set

The following were all during the constant B2B:

Felix Da Housecat – Silver Screen Shower Scene (Some evil remix!)

One + One – Rover

One + One – No Pressure

Underworld – Dark & Long (James’ Remix?)

Daft Punk – Bigger Stronger Faster (Wild Remix!)

P Diddy – Let’s Get Up, Let’s Get Ill (I Am not joking when I say it destroyed the dancefloor!)

Mike Koglin – Enjoy the Silence (No full vox, Twisted Rework)