Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Yankee Fans.. What would you do?

this is your chance to speak...lets be constructive..

what do they have to do at this point to turn it around?

i wouldnt totally keep em out of it.. i think they will definitely finish at least under 8 games behind

maybe bring up some youngsters and let them play for a week while the rest of the team sits.. maybe that will fire up these slackers

said it before Joe has officially used up his built in pass and needs to go

Get Girardi in first if he says no go with Bowa to light a fire under their asses

cpl of guys are in extended slumps and i expect them to finally get things going ( cano , cabrera , giambi , hideki)

the bullpen has been burnt out and ineffective

alot has to do with Joe torre not handling the staff correctly

it seems like when the y hit the pitching isnt there and when they pitch well

they manange only a run or 2 .....its been maddening

they can get aon a run and still leapfrog teams to get to the WC i think the division is too out of reach at this point

but if all settle down and the hitting picks up , there is no reason not to believe a staff of wang petetie mussina clemens and hughes cant turn this thing around

but as said before if there not within 5-7 of the wc or 8-10 of the division by allstar break it is ovahhh

1) Get rid of Torre (won't happen, will probably just retire after the season)

2) I would start with Girardi as well

3) Give Hughes the number 5 spot for the rest of the season. Lets see what we have here. (I would also give a spot to Clippard or DeSalmo, but that won't happen with Clemens)

4) Put Damon and Giambi on the DL until they're completely healthy. Replace with Cabrera & Phelps

5) Play Phelps full time at 1B. (the line up is bad enough without Doug M's .210 avg)

If the team still struggles after that, trade some commodities at the deadline (Pettite) for some decent prospects

If Zambrano doesn't end up getting his contract with the Cubs, I think they should make a push for him after the season...