Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wrestler Benoit, wife and son found dead

all 3 dead in the house ....no signs of trauma

sound like carbon monoxide leak in house

detroit free press:

Investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend and then himself sometime Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three different rooms of the house on Green Meadow Lane, in a subdivision off a gravel road about two miles from Whitewater Country Club.

from abc news:

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed Nancy and Daniel over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.

According to Pope, there were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation.

Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on scene," but would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

all 3 dead in the house ....no signs of trauma

sound like carbon monoxide leak in house

where did you see this? from what i heard the kid and wife were killed over the weekend and benoit died sometime monday. not only that, authorities are investigating it as a double murder suicide

where did you see this? from what i heard the kid and wife were killed over the weekend and benoit died sometime monday. not only that, authorities are investigating it as a double murder suicide

i just briefly heard on radio this morning that no signs of struggle , etc found

so i would think that it was some kind of carbon monox death

either way ..... sad shit

I've heard people say that Benoit's wife killed the son with a garbage bag and he came home and killed the wife with the cord to the alarm clock on Sunday and then he hung himself on Monday.

I guess we'll see once they're done with the autopsies.

WTF is up with people killing their families?

espn update:

"Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press Tuesday."

:woah2: :woah2: :woah2:

so did not expect to hear that...

cnn.com...

"The boy had old needle marks in his arms, Ballard said. He said he had been told the parents considered him undersized and had given him growth hormones.

"The boy was very small, even dwarfed," Ballard said.

Toxicology test results may not be available for weeks or even months, Ballard said. As for whether steroids played a role in the crime, he said: "We don't know yet. That's one of the things we'll be looking at."

Benoit received drug deliveries from a Florida business that sold steroids, human growth hormone and testosterone on the Internet, according to the Albany County, N.Y., District Attorney's Office, which is investigating the business, MedXLife.com."

i'm not very impressed with people writing this off as roid rage just because he was a wrestler that was known to take steroids. Think about it this way, he was known to be a very intense, reserved guy that never really showed emotion. Does that sound kind of like someone who can be controlling and even in early depression? It seems like when tragedies happen its the quiet, intense ones that are homicidal. Also, in one of the articles it points out that Benoit was acting erratic and actions were actually recently taken against him by his wife.

It might be me but I think steroids had very little to do with this

from cnn:

Chris Benoit left no suicide note, Pope said, but had sent text messages to a co-worker early Sunday, which was received several hours later. He refused to divulge the contents of the messages.

The WWE, however, said the five text messages were sent to co-workers between 3:51 a.m. and 3:58 a.m. using both Chris Benoit's and Nancy Benoit's cell phones. Four of them were the Benoits' address; the fifth said that the family's dogs were in the enclosed pool area and noted a garage side door was open.

i'm not very impressed with people writing this off as roid rage just because he was a wrestler that was known to take steroids. Think about it this way, he was known to be a very intense, reserved guy that never really showed emotion. Does that sound kind of like someone who can be controlling and even in early depression? It seems like when tragedies happen its the quiet, intense ones that are homicidal. Also, in one of the articles it points out that Benoit was acting erratic and actions were actually recently taken against him by his wife.

It might be me but I think steroids had very little to do with this

"he was known to be a very intense, reserved guy that never really showed emotion"

this sounds like an oxymoron to me...so you dont think all the years of being in that stressful environment and all of the drugs he has put in his body made him the way he was? i'm sorry but i have to think at some point it takes a toll on you both physically and mentally. that is my expert medical opinion

"he was known to be a very intense, reserved guy that never really showed emotion"

this sounds like an oxymoron to me...so you dont think all the years of being in that stressful environment and all of the drugs he has put in his body made him the way he was? i'm sorry but i have to think at some point it takes a toll on you both physically and mentally. that is my expert medical opinion

i think the stressful environment has more to do with it then steroids. he was also on pain killers constantly, as most wrestlers are, that causes depression.

my point was that the media is writing this off to steroid abuse.....which i think is rediculous