Clubplanet Nightlife Community

11 clubs Raided

It wasn't just Vinyl.

From the Sunday Post..

Ecstasy raids on 11 clubs, 78 arrested.

Among the clubs; Social Club, Roxy, Twilo, Cheetah, Ohm, Speed, Exit, Tunnel, Sound Factory, Vinyl, and Tijuana Tom's.

Unfortunatley it stated Vinyl got hit the worst. 7 patrons arrested, 2 employees, and over $13,000 in cash and several hundred pills of Ecstacy.

Tunnel had an unidentified number of club-goers arresten outside.

I love the media<sarcasm>, think this also has anything to do with the new police cheif/Guilani? I hope this is not a sign of the future we can expect.

I'm just reporting what I read. I was at Vinyl when this unfortunate incident occurred. Did anyone else see action at the other clubs?

What are your thoughts on this?

- Peter

------------------

------------------------

Do you want me to make it darker? - DT

[This message has been edited by schwingep (edited 08-20-2000).]

Insane...I was at Twilo last night right after Vinyl got shut down. We got there around 3:30 or 4:00, I think. We didn't see any cops there or around Tunnel which is a block away. Did the report say exactly what times the clubs got raided? Why didn't the others clubs get shut down and Vinyl did?

This is bullshit what Guilliani is doing. It just sounds like to me that they are doing this to put the new chief's name on the map. Bullshit politics as usual. Even one of the cops there at Vinyl we talked to said it was bullshit, but he had to do what he was told.

This shit has got to stop...clubs aren't the source for drugs, you assholes. flame.gif

------------------

"Dance to the beat, jump from my feet."

shadowchaser076@aol.com

You know the one thing that pisses me off the most is all of you crying and moaning about clubs getting raided for drugs. If you ppl want to put an end to that shit stop getting high. Don't complain it's Gulliani's fault he's doing his job. What's wrong noone on this board can go out to a club DRUGFREE for the night and have a good time. What's the deal with needing chemicals to enhance the evening. I'm not trying to be a dick or nothing but I used to runaround Limelight 6 years tore up and fucked up but that's only because that's what I thought it was all about.WRONG! That's all bullshit. If you believe that drugs make the music better then you are seriously lying to yourselves, and have no business being in a club. If you ppl are sick and tired of what's been happening then make a fucking change! It's obvious that by the way things have been going the last few years it's not fucking working. Don't fuck this thing up for the next generation.

Actually dolla, I wasn't complaining, I was more referencing the article and more trying to question if the timing of the raids had any political reference to changing of the guard with our new Police Cheif being named the following morning.

Yes, Rudy is doing his job, considering drugs are illegal, but do you feel he targets the club scene because we are easy prey? Why doesn't he go raid Wall street, or Hospitals, where many doctors are using everything to stay awake, or any other sector that has drug use.

As for your statement about nobody being able to go to a club without being high, I have to disagree. I've actually found, especially lately, that people I am meeting aren't using drugs, and many are even staying alcohol free. Maybe because these people are going to Vinyl Fridays where, as there are people that use drugs, the percentage is much less than somewhere, let's say...the Crack Factory?

-- I'm awaiting a flame for that comment --

I agree that people have to take responsibility for their actions, but getting drugs 100% out of the clubs has the same feasability as solving world hunger, and creating world peace. So these are things that we will have to deal with. Raids are a reality slap, and hopefully will make the lightbulb go on that we should all be more careful about our actions.

- Peter

------------------

------------------------

Do you want me to make it darker? - DT

Hey Andwhysee dipshit I was born and raised in New York and moved to Florida several years ago. You don't know shit about me. By the way eating a hit of E and playing with a glowstick doesn't make you a raver or even an authority on the club scene. How's prep school asshole?

you don;t know what u are talkng about, you definetely need to get out more southern boy.

Originally posted by dollabill25:

You know the one thing that pisses me off the most is all of you crying and moaning about clubs getting raided for drugs. If you ppl want to put an end to that shit stop getting high. Don't complain it's Gulliani's fault he's doing his job. What's wrong noone on this board can go out to a club DRUGFREE for the night and have a good time. What's the deal with needing chemicals to enhance the evening. I'm not trying to be a dick or nothing but I used to runaround Limelight 6 years tore up and fucked up but that's only because that's what I thought it was all about.WRONG! That's all bullshit. If you believe that drugs make the music better then you are seriously lying to yourselves, and have no business being in a club. If you ppl are sick and tired of what's been happening then make a fucking change! It's obvious that by the way things have been going the last few years it's not fucking working. Don't fuck this thing up for the next generation.