Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attention Cottoncandy--

I think you missed the point on the Tunnel article completely. Everyone from NYC and their older brother's eighth grade girlfriend have been to Tunnel more than once if they were old enough.

We wanted to get a vigin or 'newbies' perspective on the night, the experience and how it felt to be there for the first time since the club was having a sort of 'grand opening.' There are many people new to that club and the experience now. Not everyone, and I am sure not most, of the people who were spending their weekends there during the Tunnels heyday are still around or want to do it again for that matter. So yes, from the opening line of the story you are told that it was the persons first time there and that she wasn't from NYC. Its called setting the tone.

Far be it from someone with your vast club knowledge and ultra-biased attitude to appreciate it but it was meant for people coming up through the scene to educate them and turn them on to a new experience. And thats what I think makes for good clubbing and insures our future. Try hard to remember your first time there and how you felt something that soon became an addiction that you are still feeding today. Education is the key. Bashing clubbers, DJs, and people trying to promote the scene is destructive and we all suffer from it. If you wish to submit your review of the night and if it is legible and creative, we can possibly use it. Be proactive, its a better way to back up your bitchin.

Parish-

clubplanet.com

education is key to our survival, mass media wants to eat us alive.

Ok Parish,

One I understand that you wanted that VIRGIN like oh this is my first time in a big club angle. But then come on, where was the OH MY GOD there was 3 lil ravers bumping K off the bi-ceps of the guidos. It was completely concocted and angled. PLease I have been a promoter, a music director, and writer and YEs I do have a degree from NYU! So please stop with the crap about being educated. What you did was have someone completely uneducated about this scene go into TUNNEL and BS the story. I am all for TRUTH. AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE"

Congrats on your resume!

What I should have emphasied is that the writer was new to the NYC scene not clubbing in general. She is Scottish and has written for numerous UK dance publications.

- As far as K on guido bicepes, whats that all about, if thats what you go out looking for then thats your perogative. We're not going to write about it. To each, his or her own. The 'Truth' in this case is subjective.

There is too much negative press out about the ills of the scene, we know that it happens but why emphasize that. Focusing on the postive dude, thats it.

-parish

'nothing but love for ya baby...'