Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 10 Tracks - October 2007

djmikebugout

Top 10 Tracks - October 2007

1. New York City - Paul Van Dyk & Starkillers & Austin Leeds ft Ashley Tomberlin [VANDIT]

--Off of PVD's latest album, "In Between" - he joins up with NYC heavyweights Starkillers and Austin Leeds to produce a grimey housy dirty track that gives a great feel for nyc. You can even hear cop sirens and people walking the streets in the background of the track. Meanwhile you have the lovely vocals of Ashley Tomberlin singing about the city I'm lucky enough to see all the time. This is not your typical PVD track and its always nice when he steps outside the norm as he often does.

2. Memory Inc. (swen weber remix) - Monoroom [ALPHABET CITY]

--It wouldn't be right to list my top 10 for October and NOT have some kind of scary, Halloween-type track on here. Certified electro-rocker right here. The breakdown has an eerie-sounding melody that reminds me of the theme from the recent "SAW" movies, When the bassline comes back in, it hits hard. One of my big favs right now.

3. Home (wippenberg AND original mixes) - Above & Beyond [ANJUNABEATS]

--Once again I can't decide between 2 mixes, so I'm listing both here. Wippenberg's take on the track might be better classified as electro than as trance. With a kick and drum line that has become Wippenberg's signature sound on recent productions, their remix of Home really opens up a system. Above & Beyond's original gives you exactly what you've come to expect from the duo-- a great melody with a fitting bassline that works the vocal perfectly.

4. Muranyi - Pryda [PRYDA]

--As I compile this list, its important to note that Mr. Prydz is IN THE USA for the next month (including a stop at Pacha NYC Nov 16th) and is killlllllllllllllling it city to city. This specific track has actually been around for a while, and after an 8 min version rip leaked, Eric re-tooled the track for this release. We call this track Zelda, as in that old nintendo game, b/c the melody that Prydz uses sounds like it was taken from the game. With the drums and bassline to match, this track is huge and gets play from all types of jocks, from trance to deep tribal guys. Prydz never uses hard basslines or kicks and still manages to make the track sound hard. Can not wait to see him live!

5. Everybody Dance (tony moran) - Deborah Cox [J RECORDS]

--Deborah is back!!! My favorite dance vocalist of them all, Deb returns with her partner in crime Tony Moran for this new dancefloor smash. Already huge on XM and Sirius, its now starting to make it to all the clubs. Although I'm still not a huge fan of the chorus in the song, it grows on you. Dance music has missed Deb, nice to see her back.

6. Back to San Fran - Nic Chagall [HIGH CONTRAST]--Half of the Cosmic Gate is back on the solo tip with an amazing EP on High Contrast. This track is a great techy track that even breaks out into some strings towards the end that are reminiscent of a Mark Knight/MTV track from a few years back. As is becoming the norm with Nic's solo projects, sick basslines and crazy drums carry the tune.

7. Body of Conflict (club mix) - Cosmic Gate ft Denise Rivera [bLACK HOLE HOLLAND]

--The boys from Germany showing they can do it on the vocal side as well. A few different mixes to this one, I'm feeling their club mix. Another track typical of the duo's new sound this time with the vocals of Denise Rivera. This much hyped track finally gets a release on Tiesto's Black Hole label.

8. Missing - Jay Lumen ft Antonia Lucus [bAROQUE]--ANOTHER cover of EBTG's Missing?!?! Jay Lumen tries and succeeds at updating this classic with some mild electro elements and bringing in a totally new vocalist. Antonia Lucus is no Tracey Turner, but she has her own take on the vocals and it works.

9. In My Arms (bimbo jones) - Plumb [CURB]--Massive vocal which is huge on XM right now. Bimbo's mix is the one--adding electro harmonies to the distinct vocal to make the track work. The lyrics are really catchy. This style of vocal is what we could use some more of in dance music today.

10. Silently (topher jones) - Shawn Mitiska ft Jaren [WILDCHILD]--If you aren't familiar with the vocals of Jaren. get familiar, ASAP. Shawn's track with Jaren's vocals over it is a great track to begin with. Add in the touch of Topher Jones, who you may remember from remixing Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars" last year with Blake Jerrall. The beginning melody of the track reminds you of the strings from Tiesto's remix of Radiohead's "Street Spirit". He adds a bassline and then weaves in Jaren's voice. The production on this track is amazing. Already selected as a tune of the week by AVB and featured on my mixshow, this one will be a staple in my trance sets for a while.

Thanks for checking out the tunes. Don't forget to check my mixshow every Monday at 4pm www.antifmradio.com and catch me LIVE each and every Wednesday at Deko Lounge in Sayreville, NJ (www.dekolounge.com)

mb