Clubplanet Nightlife Community

That little voice inside your head

artful

Lately I've noticed that whenever I read something, there's like a little narrator in my head. I don't know if its always been there or if it is something new. This narrator will basically imagine someone is upset and be screaming information in an upset tone if that's the preconceived notion---or however it thinks the person who wrote the stuff I'm reading would be reacting if they were speaking.

Where the hell did that come from?

Does anybody else have a little narrator in their head?

I DONT HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. YOU SHOULD NOT PRESUME TO ASSUME WHAT MOOD A PERSON IS IN BY THE WAY THEY TYPE. WAIT, WHY AM I SHOUTING?

Seriously, I do it all the time. Most people do. It's human nature. You have no way of knowing so you deduce it as best you can, and so many times with so many people, people deduce wrong. Sometimes I reread someone's post a few times to try to be sure I didn't imagine the wrong emotion behind the writing of the words. It's human nature, dude (especially on this board, where some of the biggest instigators are really good-hearted people who joke around more often than most, and words get taken out of context or meaning). That's why smileys are a vital add on to try to imply what we're really emoting. :)

BTW, thanks for the add, dude, and the blog comments. I'm glad to have you as a reader.

Cool beans...

Yeah the other day I got a text message on my cell and I screamed on the person, something like "Wtf is your problem...blah blah blah.." cause I assumed they were being sarcastic about something... but that wasn't the case at all... but hey... how else was I gonna find out? lol