Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For those interested in Books,videos,history of House Music

Heres some books/videos i reccomend for those who are really curiouse about the history of this scene/culture. If im missing anything please add.

Mel Cheren "Keep on dancing my life and the Paradise Garage"

keepondancin.jpg

Tim Lawrence " Love saves the day" a history of american dance music culture 1970-1979. Part 2 is still in the works and its currently being called "After Paradise" 1980-1992

0822331985.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Kai Fikentscher "You better work"

betterworkfront.jpg

Bill Brewster and Frank Broughton "Last night a dj saved my life"

lastnightadjsave-bk.jpg

Or the newer revised edition from 2006.

0755313984.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Sean Bidder "The Rough guide to house"

1858284325.01.TZZZZZZZ.jpg

But you can also watch the 3hr DOCUMENTARY of the same titile i prefer the doc over the book. You can find the links to watch download here from this thread.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6000267013777292744&q=pump+up+the+volume&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4386890041867315514&q=pump+up+the+volume&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8526700901374412417&q=pump+up+the+volume&hl=en

• 2 weeks later...

Aslo, dont forget about Modulations: Cinema For The Ear. Although its not all about house, it shows the history of electronic music.

Movie description

Director Iara Lee explores the evolution of techno and electronica music throughout the 20th century in this illuminating musical documentary. Interspersing footage of revolutionary German pre-techno group Kraftwerk, modern avant garde composers like John Cage, European dance dj's, and specific cultural phenomenons like the Prodigy and Afrika Bamambaataa, MODULATIONS is comprehensive and innovative. A must have for technophiles, ravers, and the digerati, this video features dozens of the best electronic musicians of the 20th century

Aslo, dont forget about Modulations: Cinema For The Ear. Although its not all about house, it shows the history of electronic music.

Movie description

Director Iara Lee explores the evolution of techno and electronica music throughout the 20th century in this illuminating musical documentary. Interspersing footage of revolutionary German pre-techno group Kraftwerk, modern avant garde composers like John Cage, European dance dj's, and specific cultural phenomenons like the Prodigy and Afrika Bamambaataa, MODULATIONS is comprehensive and innovative. A must have for technophiles, ravers, and the digerati, this video features dozens of the best electronic musicians of the 20th century

Yeah i forgot about this. And all the things i listed arent only about HOUSE either.