Clubplanet Nightlife Community

slide sunday dec 30th KRS 1

marcblemberg

KRS 1 is someone that I definitely used to enjoy as a young individual growing up in NY; but he is most certainly one of the most racist and ignorant people I know of. He would have made nothing off of his dj mix tape remixes, and especially his album releases if he had not had the young white population buying his music. Mad Izm was bought by more white kids that he can count, and return of the boom bap sold more 5 years after its debut than ever before.

KRS... before you are critical of 'the towers', and whatever political regime you live under; know this.... you are a walking example of Hippocracy, and there is a reason that you never elevated hip hop music past the radio show pop genre that it has delegated itself to. You resemble a gorilla more than you know, and your music is outdated and overrated. Hip hop is nothing more than hip pop, and the reverse racism that you show is reflected in your dough... or lack there of.

Go back to your tenement housing and reap what you sowed.

KRS 1 is someone that I definitely used to enjoy as a young individual growing up in NY; but he is most certainly one of the most racist and ignorant people I know of. He would have made nothing off of his dj mix tape remixes, and especially his album releases if he had not had the young white population buying his music. Mad Izm was bought by more white kids that he can count, and return of the boom bap sold more 5 years after its debut than ever before.

KRS... before you are critical of 'the towers', and whatever political regime you live under; know this.... you are a walking example of Hippocracy, and there is a reason that you never elevated hip hop music past the radio show pop genre that it has delegated itself to. You resemble a gorilla more than you know, and your music is outdated and overrated. Hip hop is nothing more than hip pop, and the reverse racism that you show is reflected in your dough... or lack there of.

Go back to your tenement housing and reap what you sowed.

i happen to agree with you,but the facts are he is to date top 3 mc"s on the planet.

i hired him for his skills as an mc...Not for his personal views on life.

be sure you dont show up.

what can i tell you.

www.slidesundays.com

www.mrfreezersc.net

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I did not realize I was talking to someone that is 44 years old. I thought you were about 19 - 22 years old. I feel really bad, if you are promoting racist events for your livelyhood. I just hope you have chose to not bring anyone else into this world. Promoters make jack, and you obviously are not educated, so your offspring would have no hope at all. I can honestly say that I am really sorry for puttng your event down. I hate KRS, but the last thing we need is another homeless promoter walking the streets.

Keep it real son!

Wow, I did not realize I was talking to someone that is 44 years old. I thought you were about 19 - 22 years old. I feel really bad, if you are promoting racist events for your livelyhood. I just hope you have chose to not bring anyone else into this world. Promoters make jack, and you obviously are not educated, so your offspring would have no hope at all. I can honestly say that I am really sorry for puttng your event down. I hate KRS, but the last thing we need is another homeless promoter walking the streets.

Keep it real son!

Oh my feelings are so hurt.

that was a great come back......wow your about as sharp as a pillow.

blast_graphic_krs.jpg

FreezeRSC@aol.com

mr freeze

rock steady crew

www.slidesundays.com

A middle aged man promoting rap music.

What a loser.

I hope the 50 porch monkeys that show up spend a lot at the bar; for your sake.

dont worry about me,it will be packed like always.

Oh and by the way.

i have millions of dallors,im set for life.

mr freeze

rock steady crew

www.slidesundays.com

blast_graphic_krs.jpg

FreezeRSC@aol.com

mr freeze

rock steady crew

www.slidesundays.com

• 3 months later...

Oh and by the way.

i have millions of dallors,im set for life.

mr freeze

rock steady crew

www.slidesundays.com

blast_graphic_krs.jpg

FreezeRSC@aol.com

mr freeze

rock steady crew

www.slidesundays.com

Original B-boy dies at 44

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Last updated: Thursday April 3, 2008, EDT 4:04 PM

BY JERRY DEMARCO

STAFF WRITER

Email this story Printer friendly version Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size

The man whose acrobatic performance with the legendary Rock Steady Crew in the 1983 hit movie "Flashdance" set off a worldwide breakdancing craze, died Thursday. He was 44.

Wayne Frost, a hip-hop pioneer known as Frosty Freeze, died at Mount Sinai Medical Center after a long illness, said Jorge "Fabel" Pabon, senior vice-president of the musical group where Frost made his name as a B-boy -- or breakdancer.

Frost was an original, appearing not only in movies but also in videos, including Afrika Bambaataa and The Soulsonic Force's "Planet Rock" and Malcolm McLaren's "Buffalo Gals." His style included acrobatic and fearless dance moves that he originated as a young teen in the mid- to late-70s.

Frost toured the world with the Rock Steady Crew and other hip-hop artists, including Fab 5 Freddy, Futura 2000 and Kool Lady Blue.

As a member of RSC, Frost became known for his comedic, fearless and inventive style. He developed his trademark move, "The Suicide" -- also known as "The Death Freeze Drop" -- when he attempted a poorly executed backflip and landed on his back.

He didn't like the term "breakdancing," opting instead for "breaking."

"Most of the stuff you've seen me do is stuff that I made up and stuff that I learned from my mentors," including Ken Swift and the Zulu Crew, as well as James Brown, Sammy Davis Jr. and Michael Jackson, Frost said in an interview last year.

Other movie appearances included "Wild Style," "Style Wars" and "The Freshest Kids." Frost was also the first b-boy to appear on a magazine cover, The Village Voice, in 1981.

In 2004, he along with several other members of RSC were honored at the VH-1 Hip Hop Honors.

Until recently, he was living in New York City, regularly making appearances at many hip-hop/Bboy/Bgirl events in the NYC area and around the country.

He believed strongly in the future of hip-hop and breaking. "The list goes on," he said, of newer, aggressive breakers who "continue to come up with a lot of ideas.

"I never thought I'd see it go this far."

The man whose acrobatic performance with the legendary Rock Steady Crew in the 1983 hit movie "Flashdance" set off a worldwide breakdancing craze, died Thursday. He was 44.

Pioneer breakdancer Frosty Freeze (seen here with fellow RSC member, YNOT on March 7, 2006) has died.

Wayne Frost, a hip-hop pioneer known as Frosty Freeze, died at Mount Sinai Medical Center after a long illness, said Jorge "Fabel" Pabon, senior vice-president of the musical group where Frost made his name as a B-boy -- or breakdancer.

Frost was an original, appearing not only in movies but also in videos, including Afrika Bambaataa and The Soulsonic Force's "Planet Rock" and Malcolm McLaren's "Buffalo Gals." His style included acrobatic and fearless dance moves that he originated as a young teen in the mid- to late-70s.

Frost toured the world with the Rock Steady Crew and other hip-hop artists, including Fab 5 Freddy, Futura 2000 and Kool Lady Blue.

As a member of RSC, Frost became known for his comedic, fearless and inventive style. He developed his trademark move, "The Suicide" -- also known as "The Death Freeze Drop" -- when he attempted a poorly executed backflip and landed on his back.

Original B-boy

See Frosty Freeze perform in "Buffalo Gals" (Malcolm McLaren).

He didn't like the term "breakdancing," opting instead for "breaking."

"Most of the stuff you've seen me do is stuff that I made up and stuff that I learned from my mentors," including Ken Swift and the Zulu Crew, as well as James Brown, Sammy Davis Jr. and Michael Jackson, Frost said in an interview last year.

Other movie appearances included "Wild Style," "Style Wars" and "The Freshest Kids." Frost was also the first b-boy to appear on a magazine cover, The Village Voice, in 1981.

In 2004, he along with several other members of RSC were honored at the VH-1 Hip Hop Honors.

Until recently, he was living in New York City, regularly making appearances at many hip-hop/Bboy/Bgirl events in the NYC area and around the country.

He believed strongly in the future of hip-hop and breaking. "The list goes on," he said, of newer, aggressive breakers who "continue to come up with a lot of ideas.

"I never thought I'd see it go this far."