Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nicolette Gets Touch'd Up

As promised, brand new contributor Nicolette from Niolette and the City stops by Touch and lives to write about it.

2008_Touch+Upstairs+2.jpgMy first mistake of the evening was showing up to Touch at 12:30 a.m. (11:30 p.m. would be ideal). There was a line, I don’t even know if you would call it that, of people arguing their way into the club. Having no patience for this I texted my friend who had a table inside to come walk me in. When I walked to the front of the line the doorman was reprimanding a group of 3 guys for breaking the club world rules- showing up without any girls and one guy was wearing sneakers. The doorman then gave them a 3 second ultimatum to buy a table or get off the line. When it was my turn I told the doorman my deal-whose guest list I was on, me plus 3 girls. He comped me (most likely because I didn’t waste his time, was a girl and knew the rules) but not my three friends who had to pay a $20 cover.

When you walk into Touch you can go to your right, a long narrow hallway or to your left where the bar is. Either way leads to the dance floor in the back of the club. My first choice was the long hallway to the dance floor. We stepped onto the dance floor and my initial thought – massive huge orgy without any air conditioning. Everyone was drunk, gyrating to the music and was going crazy. 2008_Dj+Omi.jpgThere were a few tables in the middle of the dance floor – not very “VIP†so skip it. Then there is an elevated stage that surrounds the dance floor against the wall with all VIP tables- and every single one was taken. The second floor is exclusive VIP with tables only and you need a bracelet to get upstairs. I did make it upstairs after a group of guys found me and my girls and invited us up for a drink. There I met DJ Omi who was spinning all night long – and is solely responsible for keeping me at Touch as long as I did (that and a few drinks). She played everything from Hip Hop to House to Rock. I would definitely see her spin again, she made the crowd go crazy and have so much energy.

Overall Touch wasn’t as bad as my first thoughts were when I walked into the club. The location isn’t my favorite - west 52nd street between Broadway and 8th avenue. Touch is as club as you get - not a bar and not a lounge/club so if that is not your scene you are going to hate it. Would I go back? Yea I most likely will. I would say go with a big group of friends, buy the table (you know they are going to make you), pregame…a lot, and have a good night.

More...