Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ding Dong! Nicolette Goes to Suzie Wong's

The results are unanimous. Our newest contributor Nicolette is a certified hit! One reader went so far to write, "I want more Nicolette in the City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Well, we want it too. And finally, we have it. Nicolette checked out Suzie Wong's and then booked it to old standby, Pink Elephant. Without further ado. . .Nicolette%40suziewongs.jpgI arrived at Suzie Wong’s, the new sake lounge on West 27th street, fairly early – 11:30 p.m. There wasn’t a line which was great, and I walked right in. There are a lot of VIP tables here but none are roped off, and the place is pretty small – which I love. The smaller the place the better. There is only one bar and wherever there isn’t a table, or on top of the banquette, is the unofficial dance floor. Peter and his friends showed up around 12ish and we danced and mingled at their table. When they bring you bottles they also give you fortune cookies to go with their oriental theme. My friend Cristina’s fortune cookie read “Suzie Wong Says: Don’t be afraid to go to the bathroom with a stranger†and Sue’s read “Suzie Wong says: Kiss the person next to you passionatelyâ€. Pretty corny but kind of cute, and it does help with potential hooking up at 3:00 a.m. We had complimentary apple sake shots that aren’t strong so the price was right. DJ Nick Cohen spinned hip hop and rock (what else?) all night, and the crowd was 25 and under. A lot of fun, and I would definitely go back. But it cleared out early.2008_nicolettte%40suzie2.jpg

Since it was only 1:30, we went to Pink Elephant and met some friends who had a table. I love Pink Elephant! I always have the best time here! The only real competition this club has is Pink Elephant in The Hamptons, which makes Pink Elephant in Manhattan seem like an amateur’s night out.

We walked in and the place was packed. They play house, house with a few words in it and then some more house. Everyone was dancing, drinking, and going crazy, making Suzie Wong seem like an elementary school playground. There are always a lot of people here and most importantly - a lot of hot people. I’ve spotted a few celebs here before, and in the Hamptons I’ve hung out at John Legend’s table and danced next to Victoria’s Secret model Karolina Kurkova. Everyone here has money and the Euro scene is big, but not as big as it use to be. Don’t worry if you’ve never been to Europe or aren’t fluent in any other language - Drinking & Dancing is universal in any language in any city.2008_nicolettepink+3.jpg

The night was the most fun I’ve had in awhile. Pink is still strict door, rude bouncers, and a little bit older (I’m 21, excluding the underage models, I was the youngest person here). But once you’re in, feel free to let loose because everyone is having fun- a lot of it.

More...