Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New to New York...

Hey, everybody. I'm new to New York and the whole clubbing scene here. I was wondering... What is considered proper attire for the clubs? I mean, I don't want to have to buy a bunch of new clothes just to go see a good dj. Any suggestions?

I didn't really have any certain club in mind, exactly. Just a general sense of what getting "dressed up" would require. I usually go clubbing in jeans and a tight t-shirt, but apparantely, a lot of clubs up here don't go for that look. What do you wear when you go out, usually?

WELL IT ALL DEPENDS WHERE YOU PALN ON GOING BROTHER IF YOU GO TO A MORE UPSCALE CLUB YOU HAVE TO LOOK SHARP! ME I ALWAYS DRESS UP WHEN I GO OUT TO CLUBS NO MATTER WHAT BECAUSE BELIEVE IT OR NOT MANY PEOPLE GET TURNED DOWN AT THE DOOR BECAUSE OF THE WAY THEY ARE DRESSED AND THAT NOT COOL AT ALL. I SUGGEST YOU GET YOURSELF SOME FLAT FRONT BLACK DRESS PANTS AND A SOME NICE BUTTON DOWNS OR SWEATERS OR ALL MUST FIT AND FALL RIGHT. NO BAGGY SHIT. AND SOME NICE DRESS SHOES!