Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Barry Mullineaux Responds

After yesterday's post regarding Barry Mullineaux and Jon Canto work at Room Service, Barry checked in to let us know his side of the story.

The facts are that Stereo was owned by 512 W 29th Street LLC.. that owned all the licenses (liquor license , the cabaret license, the lease, the operating agreement, etc. and all paperwork). Myself and Jon Cantor were members of that Company - Michael Satsky and Brian Gefter were not. They were hired as promotional directors.
My investors wanted the 2 of them fired from day 1
and I personally fought to keep them on board because I was friends with Michael. Little did I know he only cared about his ego and getting publicity for his own name at whatever costs it came to the business. They over spent on celebrities, pr, promoters, etc... Since they were not owners they did not care because they weren't loosing their money. We lost so much money that is why we were forced to do as many nights/events as possible to make the business survive.
During the last 6 weeks stereo was open Mike and Brian did not receive paychecks because they were fired by a group vote of the investors.
They stayed around only because of their friendship with me and to protect their image but no one knew they actually had been fired. Stereo closed because the landlord made a deal to buy us out 512 west 29th street llc ( which again mike and brian were never apart of) so the landlord could develop the space. Since the closing
Michael Satsky has been very bitter and has been spreading rumors about me which are 100% false
because he has nothing better to do with his time. Satsky was the one who sent you this story and he was the one making all the comments ...

Myself and Jon Cantor were only consulting with Room Service to help them because of our friendship with Manny and Chris.
We are opening our own space in the fall so we were just helping them.
No one "got dumped" .. You can call the owners of room service to check your facts.

Wow. There is so much back and forth, our poor heads are spinning. It's a shame when seemingly successful partnerships end badly, as many of them do. Stereo seemed to have an outstanding run while it lasted and we are sure that all of the people involved will continue to play a big role in the Manhattan (and Hamptons) scene for a long time to come. We can only hope that this group can one day kiss and make up, and that we can be there to cover it.

More...