Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The new Crobar / best dance spots NYC

Has anyone been to Mezmr (the new Crobar?) I used to party at Crobar back in the day. Live in L.A. now but moving back to NYC late summer and wondering where were the best nights out for house/trance are these days? Any feedback would be great! Thx.

Has anyone been to Mezmr (the new Crobar?) I used to party at Crobar back in the day. Live in L.A. now but moving back to NYC late summer and wondering where were the best nights out for house/trance are these days? Any feedback would be great! Thx.

check www.nokturnalist.com

Crobar/Studio Mezmor was bought out by Mansion Miami.

Yea and since then the place has been a disaster,and a total insult to the dance music scene.But if you're into throwing $3,000 away on tables and $500 on a bottle of vodka and actin like a real snob,You can have it! If not you may not care much for the place.All in all the place is a joke and a true waste of a 30-35,000 sq ft space

• 2 weeks later...

Pacha at 11th & 48th st is fun but make sure you go on a night with a big name dj and get tix in advance (they are cheaper). They have great ibiza quality djs nearly every week. Also Keybar is great in the east village 13th St

(between 1st Ave & Avenue A) It is smallish an actual bar, a good size and they play great house music always.

• 3 weeks later...

There will never be another Crobar. As time goes on we all start to see how special that place really was. The only thing that can replace it is the same name (Crobar) at the same location (28th) doing the same thing everyweekend (Boris, Victor, PVD, C&C, etc. and Johnny Dynell in the Bamboo room). Nuff said.

Cant forget about that massive Phazon. :-)

And Mikey D on Lights.

A couple new places to note... LPR and Santos...

LPR is an 800 capacity club and Global Frequencies is throwing the "Official Afterparty to the SOS boat party" there on Aug 2nd. be sure to check it out. www.wantickets.com/SOS

Then there's Santos and there's a bunch of interesting shit that goes down there. Check the rhythmism.com party calendar for info on when parties there are. Usually Thursday nights.

I believe Crobar type of places are done in NYC...smaller venues like Cielo are doing pretty good...and cover charges are not bad at all...interesting DJ performances help complete the job...ambivalent,but true IMO.

I still think it was stupid of Crobar leaving the city. Since then its all about Webster Hall and Pacha. Webster Hall is always too packed, and Pacha is played out, at least Crobar there was something always new to do.

But I still believe in order for Mansion to suceed they need top DJ's or at least half way decent ones..

Thanks for all the feedback/suggestions, ya'll! I hear you house on the scene going back to it's roots...miss the old places I used to party at that are long gone. So, does the NYC group meet-up for any events? Where can I find info on more underground parties?