Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Garden of Ono's End Date

2008_gardenofono.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1223434604608

Speaking of Halloween, a Little Birdy writes "The Garden of ONO closes forever on halloween this year. It then getshit with a wreckingball and turned into a new nightclub (name pending)". We checked in with an inside Birdy who is rumored to be involved and responded "when there are details to speak of, I promise I will tell you. But asof yet there are none. I promise. People are talking and they haveZero clue of the real Truth." It will be interesting to see what is in store for this prime space in what we can call Meatpacking 3.0. There are a few of the old nightlife establishments hanging on, and we aren't sure if a repurposed nightclub will really fly. Is the City really interested in another 1OAK, or is the space best used as a four star restaurant that attracts tourists early and wanna-be scenesters late? We will know soon. As to the Halloween party, well, if it really is the last night, it seems like a costume affair is heck of way to wrap thing's up.

More...