Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Flyer Follies: Oh no, he didn't!

eldridge-1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1225390792296

And here we have The Eldridge. This flyer is a real head scratcher. First of all, a bunch of astute little birdies sent this over the wires to us. And, they all remarked how surprised they were to receive it, since they were not titanium-engraved-blinged-out-hand-etched vip card carrying peeps. They didn't even know how they got on The Eldridge list. Is the most exclusive club in the Milky Way Galaxy open to the entire bourgeois and not just Tom Cruise and his friends? It would certainly seem so.

But, what had our guys down at the crime lab even more confused was that The Eldridge seems to have already broken a major promise faster than Barack Obama decided against using federal campiagn financing. Pre-opening, owner Matt Levine was telling anyone who would listen about the groundbreaking philosophies behind The Eldridge (butlers, not busboys!):

NY Mag: Why not stay open on weekends?

ML: Everyone I know goes away on the weekends. I wanted to keep it New York. I just thought as far as the vibe goes, the people who go to the Eldridge, they’re not in the city on weekends. So I’m closing the weekends.

So, by that rationale, The Eldridge is not keeping it New York. If none of the people who go to The Eldridge are here on weekends, then who is going to The Eldridge? This can only mean they're keeping it Jersey. Or Staten Island. On weekends, at least. Represent.

However, if you do feel inclined to keep it New York during the week, click ahead for tonight's Eldridge event.

More...