AL019_med.jpg

Sona - Do You Know

01. Original Mix

02. Ben Brown Remix

Catalog #: AL019

Release Date: Tuesday November 25th, 2008

Available At Beatport.com/labels/audio+logic+recordings

Press Release

Sona hails from Dallas, Texas but currently resides in Taipei. A classical violinist since childhood, Sona has always had a true passion for high quality music. He has proven to be on a dedicated path to success in the dance music world. His musical versatility has earned him features on Om Records Winter Sessions and the New Sound Theory compilations. Heavily influenced by a wide spectrum of musicians, Sona's production can be deep and soul soothing or incur rump-shakin dance floor madness. His music has been charted by the likes of Pete Tong, Johnny Fiasco, Chez Damier, Laurent Garnier, and Mark Farina. Early in 2008, Sona launched his label, Nosa Recordings and has had releases on Pete Tong's Bedroom Bedlam label, Headtunes and Kolour. He has been remixed by the likes of Delano Smith and Nacho Marco of Freerange and Pacha Recordings as well.

Sona makes his Audio Logic debut with Do You Know. A slight departure from the label's progressive ethic, Do You Know has the classic Chicago house vibe. A funky percussive intro fades into filtered synth stabs, melodic bits and a groovy bass line. Sona uses his own vocal snippets that have been processed with a vocoder, bit of flange, tremolo and stereo spread to give them a warm feel.

Ben Brown knows how to make a release his own these days and his work on Do You Know is no exception. He goes deep on the remix with a thick groove and effected pieces of the original chimes to start. Ben tosses in just enough bits of the vocal hook and guides listeners on a classic journey throughout. The track builds amazing tension without being ostentatious and goes for an epic finish by building in pitch but keeps up the pace. Ben's mix is the soundtrack to a 4am workout on intimate dance floors!

audiologicrecordings.com | facebook.com/pages/audio-logic-recordings | myspace.com/audiologicrecordings | ilike.com/artist/audio+logic+recordings

DJ Reactions

Ben Brown - I love the groove of the original. Sona is making some great house music and the Ben Brown remix is ok :)

Blake Jarrell - Nice deep Chicago style tune… it's the Ben Brown remix for me.

Chloe - Ben Brown remix is awesome. It's a perfect builder tune and the original mix is good too.

Christopher Manik - Original is nice... Ben Brown always shines... will play both.

Darin Epsilon - Like Ben's remix. It has a little more interesting layering compared to the original to keep the listener engaged. Nice percs, effects, and such.

Joe Fisher - Great EP. Full support for Ben Brown's Remix. Nice use of samples from the original and the breakdown is superb. Will be using it, and throwing the original in my warm up sets.

Kenneth Thomas - Dig the Original for opening/early night sets.

Kosmas Epsilon - Whoa!!! Indeed a new departure for the label, loving this direction, keep going. Awesome tracks!

Luke Porter - Nice deep groove on Ben Brown's remix.

Mashtronic - Excellent deep sounds… the Ben Brown remix is my pick here as it's a bit more driving.

Matt Rowan - Big fan of the Ben Brown Mix. Love it!

Mike Hiraztka - Ben Brown delivers a great late night mix, definitely will be supporting this!

Nosmo v Kris B - Original has a nice, deep, house/prog vibe & great chords. Ben's mix is deep but still has a harder techy vibe and great dynamics throughout. It's a tough call between the two mixes but both are excellent.

ON|OFF - As always Ben Brown's music and mixes is exactly my taste... I like that pumping deep bass.

Row - Really digging Ben's remix.

Sasha Le Monnier - Two solid tracks here. I especially like the Ben brown remix... nice teched out vibe to this!

Seneca - Ben's remix is just a monster! I love the dark and deep grooving feel of it compared to the original.

Stefan @ ProgressiveWorld.at - The Original Mix is a classy piece of house music! It's perfect for groovy warmup sets. The harder kicks and the twisted sounds of the Ben Brown remix are also very good.

Stel - Ben Brown Remix!

The Timewriter - Nice release!

Thomas Sagstad - Ben Brown Remix here