Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pink Elephant Shakeup: Shawn Kolodny Heads South

2008_kolodny?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1228310124705In a major nightclub shakeup, Shawn Kolodny has ankled his post as Marketing Director at Pink Elephant and taken a position with the Kiss and Fly operation. Kolodny sent a message to his contacts via Facebook, saying

I wanted to let you know that I will be leaving Pink Elephant.

It is with great sadness that I have to leave Pink Elephant
, a company I founded and built into a international nightlife brand over the past 4 years. Therefore, it is with great excitement that
I am joining the Kiss and Fly, Bagatelle, and RDV family.
I look forward to seeing you at my new home. Please let me know if you want to come to the club, restaurant or the lounge. I can help you with any of your needs, whether it is for a table reservation, a special event, or our new private dining. My new email address is
and my phone number has stayed the same, 917 208 2072. I look forward to sharing all three venues with you!

Does this spell additional trouble for Pink Elephant, a club which had its sights set on international expansion but not appears to be facing upheaval on the home front, first with a bankruptcy filing and now losing a key team member. This hire seems to also cement Kiss and Fly's position in the scene, where is has quietly enjoyed an outstanding run in an area that most considered way past its prime. It's going to be a wild 2009.

More...