Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Come to Mommy

2008_babybottle.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1228853844384There have been innumerable gimmicks to be unleased on the citizens of New York City. Ninja. LEED nightclubs. Make Your Own Wine. You get the point. But La Cave des Fondus, which is poised to open tomorrow in Nolita has trumped them all. The restaurant, an homage to Montmartre restaurant Le Refuge des Fondu, will be offering its wine and beer to customers in baby bottles. We will say it again. Baby bottles. Owner Jacques Ouari tells the Times:

“I wanted to set up my place exactly like the one in Paris. It’s such a fun place.
Everybody loves drinking beer and wine from baby bottles
- even my father thought it was fun - and I think New Yorkers will like it too. I checked with the health department and as long as we put the bottles in the dishwasher they have no problem with it.”

This is what you could look like. Is that what you want for yourself? Sadly, we predict that the scenetards will get a big, idiot kick out of this. But don't be fooled. You are adults. You drink out of glasses, bottles or sometimes right out of the mofo box. But not baby bottles. We repeat, not baby bottles. [Diner's Journal]

More...